2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will concede that it would be cool if they painted each team's endzone to match the way they had their endzones at their home stadium.

I wouldn't like that because most teams don't have their endzones colored-in. I think there's something special about a fully colored endzone. However, I think it can get a little stale-looking if the endzone is always colored-in, such as with the Bengals and Chargers.

I always liked what Denver, Miami and (I think) SF did in the '90s - grass endzone (with wordmark) during the regular season, then painted background for the playoffs. It added to the "special" feeling of the playoffs.

I think several teams that also had baseball in the stadium had grass (or green turf) end zones until october, then colored after that. Denver, Miami, and SF would have qualified at that time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not a fan of the helmets in the end zone. It resulted in teams using alternate colored backgrounds rather than the teams main color.

I will concede that it would be cool if they painted each team's endzone to match the way they had their endzones at their home stadium.

Not really. A lot of endzones are pretty bad, or they're really boring. The Patriots' endzone sucks with the new wordmark, and if the Dolphins made the Super Bowl, I don't want to see just a plain "MIAMI". Plus, too many turf green backgrounds.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not a fan of the helmets in the end zone. It resulted in teams using alternate colored backgrounds rather than the teams main color.

Not really. A lot of endzones are pretty bad, or they're really boring. The Patriots' endzone sucks with the new wordmark, and if the Dolphins made the Super Bowl, I don't want to see just a plain "MIAMI". Plus, too many turf green backgrounds.

well MIAMI does change the end zones after the college football season to have an aqua back ground

well MIAMI does change the end zones after the college football season to have an aqua back ground

It looked great too, and they should have done it the past few years. But the normal wordmark with an aqua background would still be a better choice for the Super Bowl

I guess I'm in the minority because coloured endzones don't seem "special" to me. They seem like what should be the norm. An endzone without a painted background just looks unfinished.

As for Super Bowl endzones? I never really fell in love with the helmet/conference logo template. The current template is a bit unexciting though. More stuff that stepped out of the box, like what we saw with Super Bowl XL, would be nice. Go a little nuts.

I wouldn't like that because most teams don't have their endzones colored-in. I think there's something special about a fully colored endzone. However, I think it can get a little stale-looking if the endzone is always colored-in, such as with the Bengals and Chargers.

I always liked what Denver, Miami and (I think) SF did in the '90s - grass endzone (with wordmark) during the regular season, then painted background for the playoffs. It added to the "special" feeling of the playoffs.

I think several teams that also had baseball in the stadium had grass (or green turf) end zones until october, then colored after that. Denver, Miami, and SF would have qualified at that time.

The only two seasons Denver had to share Mile High with the Rockies, 1993-94, they didn't have any home playoff games.

They colored the endzone for their playoff games only in 1998, not in 1996 or 1997. They had Mile High all to themselves at this point.

In 1996 (vs Jacksonville) they had a simple plain white wordmark. In 1997 (vs Jacksonville) they used the white wordmark with a navy outline.

In 1998 (vs Miami & New York) they put the logo on the left side, used a white wordmark with a navy outline and colored the endzone orange.

Their first playoff game at the new stadium in 2005 against the Patriots they went with the same wordmark/logo layout from 1998, but left the endzone without color and used an orange wordmark with a white outline. They did the same thing last year against the Ravens and again last week against the Chargers.

The only two seasons Denver had to share Mile High with the Rockies, 1993-94, they didn't have any home playoff games.

They colored the endzone for their playoff games only in 1998, not in 1996 or 1997. They had Mile High all to themselves at this point.

In 1996 (vs Jacksonville) they had a simple plain white wordmark. In 1997 (vs Jacksonville) they used the white wordmark with a navy outline.

In 1998 (vs Miami & New York) they put the logo on the left side, used a white wordmark with a navy outline and colored the endzone orange.

Their first playoff game at the new stadium in 2005 against the Patriots they went with the same wordmark/logo layout from 1998, but left the endzone without color and used an orange wordmark with a white outline. They did the same thing last year against the Ravens and again last week against the Chargers.

Technically, the playoff games were in January '97, '98, and '99.

While you're right about the Rockies, the Broncos did share Mile High with the Denver Bears, a minor league team, from the late 60's until 1992

Except when they were called the Denver Zephyrs from 1985 to 1992, and played 140 games that usually didn't stretch far into September.

I know this, but it's always been a habit of mine to connect the year to the season, just how I've always done it.

Like I say Denver lost the 2005 AFC Championship Game to the Steelers. While the game was actually played in January 2006, I still refer to it as such because the NFL season is a single year, only the playoffs stretch into the next year.

Also, a quick note though, the 1997 AFC Wild Card playoff game against Jacksonville was actually played in December, not January.

I know this, but it's always been a habit of mine to connect the year to the season, just how I've always done it.

Like I say Denver lost the 2005 AFC Championship Game to the Steelers. While the game was actually played in January 2006, I still refer to it as such because the NFL season is a single year, only the playoffs stretch into the next year.

Also, a quick note though, the 1997 AFC Wild Card playoff game against Jacksonville was actually played in December, not January.

You are doing it correctly. The 2013 AFC and NFC Championship games will be played tomorrow, January 19, 2014.

Tampa Bay also didn't have painted endzones during the regular season, but added the red paint in the playoffs the past couple of times they had home games.

If the Bengals ever made a SB, I wonder what their endzone would look like? I'm guessing all of those black tiger stripes wouldn't be in there.

How about the Browns? Would it be orange paint or brown paint?

The Redskins used to have theirs in yellow because of the maroon helmet being painted in. With the helmet now out, I guess they would go with a maroon background? Fun geeky stuff to think about.

Tampa Bay also didn't have painted endzones during the regular season, but added the red paint in the playoffs the past couple of times they had home games.

I think had a little to do with the Outback Bowl being played in RayJay on New Years Day. If the playoff game happened after New Years (which it usually did) it was easier to paint over the college endzones than to replace the sod.

Have the Seahawks gone blue/grey/blue yet? That would be nice to see against Denver. Too bad they will probably be mono white.

Fine by me.

seattle-seahawks-2012-nike-uniforms-unve

Peyton%20Manning(2).jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived