2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

dolphins1.jpg?w=642&h=154

I don't understand how anyone with a sense of design can say that the left 3 are the best logos in Dolphins history.

Easy...because the two on the right evoke ZERO feelings or emotions. It's just...there.

Feelings? Emotions? I can't even make out any of that with the first three.

Nailed it.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how anyone with a sense of design can say that the left 3 are the best logos in Dolphins history.

And I don't understand how anyone with a sense of design can say that the one on the right belongs in that sequence.

I'd much rather they streamlined the current one - where's that concept again? - that's your "celebrate the past, but move towards the future". Ditching the classic orientation is neither.

There is no emotion in the first three. He looks very mindless.

Put me in the "growing on me" crowd. I am excited to see how it looks on a helmet.

It will look terrible on a helmet. First off, the dolphin is not centered on the sun, so the sun will not be centered on the helmet, making it look off. The logo is far too long. The entire logo will either be tiny on the helmet or will nearly touch the helmet stripes to make it look substantial. It is a bad logo in and of itself, but the proportions are terrible for a helmet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

There is no emotion in the first three. He looks very mindless.

Put me in the "growing on me" crowd. I am excited to see how it looks on a helmet.

It will look terrible on a helmet. First off, the dolphin is not centered on the sun, so the sun will not be centered on the helmet, making it look off. The logo is far too long. The entire logo will either be tiny on the helmet or will nearly touch the helmet stripes to make it look substantial. It is a bad logo in and of itself, but the proportions are terrible for a helmet.

The Dolphin is centered on the sun. The sun will be centered on the helmet and it will not be small. Dolphins tail wraps around the back of helmet. Also, don't be surprised if their is a reduction of helmet stripes or no stripes at all...........

I think it's safe to say that the Phins brass decided that the SUN rather than the helmet or jumping motion defines their brand, and that everything else was what needed to be changed. It is growing on me, although I despise the use of navy and the lack of an eye.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

That's my biggest concern - it's another Flying Elvis, far too horizontal to ever look good on a helmet.

thats why if they connect it like the seahawks one it would look good.

I think that would look terrible. It works for the Seahawks and only the Seahawks because it is reflective of a totem pole. There would e no logical reason for the dolphins to do it.

That's my biggest concern - it's another Flying Elvis, far too horizontal to ever look good on a helmet.

I think that would look terrible. It works for the Seahawks and only the Seahawks because it is reflective of a totem pole. There would e no logical reason for the dolphins to do it.

Yep! The Dolphins would look awkward joined in the back and without their back fin.

They could change their name to the Miami Freakishly Conjoined Twin Dolphins.

Edit ... Damn, Mings beat me by seconds!

:rolleyes:

The three on the left are outdated illustrations, but that doesn't make the one on the far right any better. The one the have now is, frankly, perfect. It's a great modernization of the classic look.

I'm gonna stop short of calling it "perfect"...but the current logo is a great update of their original logo.

(Also, can we put a moratorium on the use of this word "classic" around here for a little while?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

:rolleyes:

The three on the left are outdated illustrations, but that doesn't make the one on the far right any better. The one the have now is, frankly, perfect. It's a great modernization of the classic look.

Yeah, I am sure the person who made that variation of the logo (the first one on the left), would have had it look better if the technology was available to him.

Looks like an airport logo or aquarium logo. Sure this has been said over and over.

Yep. I know that they're trying to be like everyone else by going with a flat, 2D logo, but it takes away everything that was good about the old logo, and replaces it with...like I said...something flat.

Archived