2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Just because it's a good modernization of an original logo doesn't make it a good logo, though.

Correct, but it IS still a good logo, though. My only issues with the current logo are the tail fin being half white and the inclusion of navy. Even with the inclusion of navy, I could live with it as long as navy was nowhere to be found on the uniform outside of the logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

helmet_zps22ba0e4b.png

helmet_zps22ba0e4b.png

Tweak the color on the helmet and its perfect!

I'd also make the fins longer, and then it's perfecto!

you just ruined that logo for me. Looks like a t-rex now

If people insist on having a football helmet on a dolphin then at least put a chin strap on it. I understand that every team logo doesn't have to be ultra realistic but it just looks out of place and awkward. I know I'm part of the minority here but it just doesn't looks like it belongs. I don't care how long the original logo design has been around, its still awkward looking to me.

i just thought i'd throw this one in, roughed it up last night on the iPad,then drew it up in illustrator this afternoon...i wanted to do something different, but it might be too different for people

A few notes:

- i've never been a fan of the sun or the helmet so they're gone (well the suns there...just in a more abstract form...)

- same dolphin, just...modified a bit...

- i'm not 100% happy with the ball...but that space felt empty with just his fins dangling down....it likely needs redrawing...

- colours a generally lighter than the current logo

dolphinsf.png

I love it, though I think it would look a little awkward on a helmet.

well i had been thinking you could take just the darker blue outline of the dolphin and have it be like the boise state helmets...this is a rough idea i did (this was when the dolphin didn't have a football).. the helmet it's on is that one from the leaked cellphone shot (the silvery one with the orange chrome facemask...)

helmetdr.jpg

that'd only be if the dolphins decided to go real crazy i think

Great logo idea. I think if it were a little less curled and more elongated you might have a winner there. I could also do without the orange design element but therein lies the main issue of adding adequate orange to balance out the teal. I also like the mean look on his face. It reminds me of the nice modernization that the Cardinals and Seahawks both successfully completed recently with their primary helmet logos.

This is also a perfect example for me of how a football makes much more sense over a helmet. While I don't think I would ever see a dolphin wearing a football helmet or cradling a football, I find the latter much more natural and less 'over the top' looking.

Great work.

i just thought i'd throw this one in, roughed it up last night on the iPad,then drew it up in illustrator this afternoon...i wanted to do something different, but it might be too different for people

A few notes:

- i've never been a fan of the sun or the helmet so they're gone (well the suns there...just in a more abstract form...)

- same dolphin, just...modified a bit...

- i'm not 100% happy with the ball...but that space felt empty with just his fins dangling down....it likely needs redrawing...

- colours a generally lighter than the current logo

dolphinsf.png

I really like this a lot. nice work. I'm really digging on the double aqua, as opposed to the navy. I hate the navy. Hate.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

glad you guys like the logo

Robo what program do you use on your iPad?

Exactly what I'd like to know!!

it's called "ArtStudio" and having tried many drawing/painting apps I find it far and away the best one...

i think it's about $5, but there's also a lite version

Great logo idea. I think if it were a little less curled and more elongated you might have a winner there.

Great work.

I agree. I think it needs to be less curled. Good job though.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

helmet_zps22ba0e4b.png

helmet_zps22ba0e4b.png

Tweak the color on the helmet and its perfect!

I'd also make the fins longer, and then it's perfecto!

you just ruined that logo for me. Looks like a t-rex now

If people insist on having a football helmet on a dolphin then at least put a chin strap on it. I understand that every team logo doesn't have to be ultra realistic but it just looks out of place and awkward. I know I'm part of the minority here but it just doesn't looks like it belongs. I don't care how long the original logo design has been around, its still awkward looking to me.

It also needs a facemask, shoulder pads, and cleats.

dolphinsf.png

The dolphin looks similar in orientation to my concept:

MiamiDolphinsLogoConceptWatermark-1_zpsfb230011.png

BTW, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of double aqua, just as long as one shade leans a little towards blue and the other leaning a little towards green, with one of the shades being darker than the other and the lighter shade being the primary color.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

dolphins1.jpg?w=642&h=154

I don't understand how anyone with a sense of design can say that the left 3 are the best logos in Dolphins history.

:rolleyes:

The three on the left are outdated illustrations, but that doesn't make the one on the far right any better. The one the have now is, frankly, perfect. It's a great modernization of the classic look.

Correction: It's a 90's-ization of the look.

It has some 90s-ish elements, like the navy shading and the scowling animal face. That being said, it's still a great modernization of the team's original logo.

Just because it's a good modernization of an original logo doesn't make it a good logo, though.

now that dosent make any sense at all

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross just confirmed, "We will have a new logo. You'll have it by the draft. We're looking at it. Finalizing it. Time for an update"

Tim E will want a link because otherwise its not true.

I'm kidding, I saw the same thing you did, just can't miss a shot to make fun of Tim :P

Archived