2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I am not convinced a silhouette needs an eye. Texas' Longhorn logo does not have one. Most of these logos are not silhouettes. Really just Detroit (which as mentioned survived just fine without one) and Buffalo. (arguably Houston, but that's a bit different given the two colors and the the "eye" is an element of the state flag).

Though I am not a designer; just a guy who likes what he likes.

Though I will add that this logo would look worse with eyes, imho. Perhaps because it would need two eyes...

longhorns-logo21.jpg

It's a great logo. Having said that this current Dolphin logo is not a "silhouette" as per its definition (i.e. one uniform outline, solid shape / color). In other words, the Dolphin logo has depth, is not one uniform outline / shape (you clearly have perspective from the front flipper vs. the body vs. the back flipper, the tail splits, etc.) In which case it's odd there is no eye.

As someone mentioned earlier, the older Lions logo follows this classic "silhouette" principle and thus looks natural with no eye, but the current Lions logo is clearly not a silhouette, and therefore would look odd without an eye.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the same logo just flipped upside down.

No it's not. Thought it might be. But in the first one the white streak becomes the tail(bone?)

This one the streak goes up and there's a separate white mark that splits the tail.

Someone wanna do a side by side?

No it's not. Thought it might be. But in the first one the white streak becomes the tail(bone?)

This one the streak goes up and there's a separate white mark that splits the tail.

yea that one has the tail going down so its like a jumping motion of the old one, where the previous is a swimming motion. i think the jumping motion works much better on the helmet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Sorry for the size.

dolph-1_zps4e9d4e2a.png

I dont see an eye on the Bills logo.

I never noticed this until like a year ago. I always thought that it was just an extension of his horn, but that's an eye. Prepare to have your world rocked:

billseye_zps8d7fbf10.png

Buffalo_Bills_logo.jpg

the faceless leaping buffalo with the bullet wound now has a dopey looking face. Logo looks worse now, doesn't it?

Damn you. Ruins it completely for me

I was going to say the same thing. Damn you McCarthy!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I know what the Bills logo is supposed to be and if I focus my eyes in certain spots and look for it I can see the intended logo but too me the eye/horn just looks like one big eye. The top of its back just looks like part of the head. Its just wierd to me. I have to look at the little nose and beard first to see the buffalo. It is hard to do that my eyes are drawn to the blob eye and stripe first.

I never noticed this until like a year ago. I always thought that it was just an extension of his horn, but that's an eye. Prepare to have your world rocked:

billseye_zps8d7fbf10.png

Buffalo_Bills_logo.jpg

the faceless leaping buffalo with the bullet wound now has a dopey looking face. Logo looks worse now, doesn't it?

Thank God, I'm not the only person that thought that was a horn extension all these years. Well, I was ruined years ago.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

billseye_zps8d7fbf10.png

Buffalo_Bills_logo.jpg

Thank God, I'm not the only person that thought that was a horn extension all these years. Well, I was ruined years ago.

Yeah, I used to think it was also a horn extension. Then again, Buffalo Balrogs doesn't exactly work.

galaxy.png

Archived