2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that gets me is there's no variation between any of those designs. Sure, the idea is pretty out of box with unconventional logo placement, striping, and number placement. But beyond that, that might be the most boring set of NFL concepts I've ever seen. All the teams look exactly alike. The designer even went so far as to be all EPL/MLS and use the same number set for everything. Yawn.

Did you also notice that every helmet has a center stripe (or stripes)?

Not every helmet should have or need stripes (!).

DOLPHINSsb-2.jpg

The design's a little..."avant-garde", but I don't dislike the color scheme.

I was thinking the same thing. Add some orange and this could be one of the most unique identities in sports.

And yeah these are terrible. Slim thug had one of the texans designs as his twitavi for a while and I was just thinking "why?"

And that dolphins pic is hilarious!

Saw on thephins.com "Mike Dee just stated a few minutes ago on Joe Rose's show that any logo already seen is not the new logo. Nothing has been leaked."

I guess this closes the door on the latest leak with the script, unless Dee is mincing words and the script is a variation of the official logo (ie: the real logo will only use the dolphin)...or unless he hasn't seen that one.

Maybe some of you that know the business better than I can shed some light (i.e., let me know why I am wrong). Is it possible the Dolphins wanted this logo leaked to use public reaction as sort of a free focus group? Now they've seen the reaction on this site as well as more general "fan" and "dolphin fan" boards and realize that it's unpopular. Public opinion is what shot down that 49ers helmet that was implemented, then rescinded along with the Buffaslug after years of use. This would just dump an unliked logo before it gets that far.

In any case, I am very interested to see what comes out of it since they say a change is coming, but the fans really don't want a change. I'd say the keep the logo in its essential form (helmet, face) but mess with the colors and tone down the uniforms in a more traditional Dolphins direction (e.g., remove the dropshadows and the extra color).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Saw on thephins.com "Mike Dee just stated a few minutes ago on Joe Rose's show that any logo already seen is not the new logo. Nothing has been leaked."

I guess this closes the door on the latest leak with the script, unless Dee is mincing words and the script is a variation of the official logo (ie: the real logo will only use the dolphin)...or unless he hasn't seen that one.

Maybe some of you that know the business better than I can shed some light (i.e., let me know why I am wrong). Is it possible the Dolphins wanted this logo leaked to use public reaction as sort of a free focus group? Now they've seen the reaction on this site as well as more general "fan" and "dolphin fan" boards and realize that it's unpopular. Public opinion is what shot down that 49ers helmet that was implemented, then rescinded along with the Buffaslug after years of use. This would just dump an unliked logo before it gets that far.

In any case, I am very interested to see what comes out of it since they say a change is coming, but the fans really don't want a change. I'd say the keep the logo in its essential form (helmet, face) but mess with the colors and tone down the uniforms in a more traditional Dolphins direction (e.g., remove the dropshadows and the extra color).

Such a thing certainly wouldn't be unprecedented. When the Nordiques moved to Colorado, the Denver Post got a tip that the team would be renamed Extreme and ran with that, including mocking up possible logos, big stories, etc. The fan reaction was unifromly negative and a short while later there were the Avalanche. That was a clear deliberate leak from the organization, back in the old media days. Even easier now to just let something "slip" online.

DOLPHINSsb-2.jpg

I agree, I like this color scheme, I think it could work for the Dolphins or any Florida sports team possibly.

I notice the Dolphins logo on the sleeve there looks modified a bit too, wish we could get a full version of that.

bSLCtu2.png

DOLPHINSsb-2.jpg

I agree, I like this color scheme, I think it could work for the Dolphins or any Florida sports team possibly.

I notice the Dolphins logo on the sleeve there looks modified a bit too, wish we could get a full version of that.

People still ridicule the creamsicles and you guys want an NFL team to come out in those colors??

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Warning...go to thephins.com at your own risk. There are things there...hideous things...awful, unforgettable things that can never be unseen.

Like this:

DOLPHINSsb-2.jpg

Okay, this guy has a whole NFL set online and while the design style is not my thing, they're interesting to look at. "Out of the box" doesn't even begin to nail this guy's take:

Oh, and here are the '14 Browns...

6288126592_3c07ccc07a_b.jpg

Made ya look. ;-)

I personally enjoy "Bills" going across the crotch... :Oo:

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

However, the Coyboys one I could actually see existing back in the 1990s. Kinda in a Wild Wing / Burger King infamous alt jersey scenario.

OH GOD, NO!!!!

Not saying I want this to exist, but it could have when you look at some of the jerseys that existed in the mid 90s.

70389454.png

Archived