2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Dolphins: Update to the logo that is matched with a slight change to the uniforms, nothing drastic. I'm unfortunately not expecting the navy blue to go away just yet.

I'm actually expecting them to pull a "Bills" and bring back a classic set, but with navy trim on everything.

That's more or less what I had in mind for them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins: Update to the logo that is matched with a slight change to the uniforms, nothing drastic. I'm unfortunately not expecting the navy blue to go away just yet.

I'm actually expecting them to pull a "Bills" and bring back a classic set, but with navy trim on everything.

That's more or less what I had in mind for them.

That's pretty much what they have now, other than the horrible number font and the drop shadow. Maybe they drop the logo from the sleeves and bring back the stripes? They need to make sure the pants stripes match the helmet, unlike the '70s set. The mid-'90s pre-navy set is my favorite Dolphins uniform ever. Sleeve stripes with a sleeve logo was unorthodox (and certainly wouldn't work today), but I hope whatever they pick is close to that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I thought the Glazers really liked the current TB look/colors. Maybe it's just a logo tweak. Like the original poster said, CAR had the same thing happen last year, and all they did was tweak the logo.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Tampa Bay is known for their distinct "Creamsicle" orange. But in recent years, they've also been known for their exclusive use of pewter. Any chance they attempt to combine their two trademark colors in a new uniform?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Tampa Bay is known for their distinct "Creamsicle" orange. But in recent years, they've also been known for their exclusive use of pewter. Any chance they attempt to combine their two trademark colors in a new uniform?

That would be the biggest mistake they could make. They've had two very good, distinctive looks so far. I like both so I don't care what they go with but it needs to be one or the other. Mixing their two identities would look worse than the current Chargers mess.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I can't picture creamsicle and pewter going together in any attractive way. They should just commit to creamsicle and red, and either recolor the flag logo or make a new Bucco Bruce. Buc's version is a perfect update.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You know, I might be crazy, but if done properly, that Creamsicle color and Pewter might just go together so well, it almost shouldn't work. I have not done any combining or anything; all i did was look at the orange uni and then the pewter pants. but its intriguing to say the least.

I think that Creamsicle and Pewter could go together, if the pewter went from being less of a warm metallic gray (more yellow) to more of a cool, metallic gray (more blue).* It would look too gaudy with the shade of pewter the Bucs have been wearing for the last 15 or so years. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but I don't mind if the Bucs remain a primarily red team, but they should embrace being a Red/Orange team.**

Three different color schemes that Tampa Bay would look good in (in no particular order):

1. Red/Orange/Black
  2. Red/Orange/Gun-Metal Gray
  3. Creamsicle Orange/Black/Red***

*Wikipedia shows the differences. Of course, it probably wouldn't be called pewter anymore then, would it?

**Regardless of whether they keep the pewter or not.

***As much as I hate Tennessee's BFBS uniforms (and BFBS in general), I loved the combination of Black and Volunteer Orange (a similar shade to Creamsicle).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

With the Browns new owner Jimmy Haslam stating that he is open to changing everything but the helmet, I would love to see this be the change.

home_zps69a67f78.pngAway_zps2daa178b.png

That would be a very nice change. Modernizes while still keeping an overall Browns aesthetic.

I have no problem with the browns current uniforms, but this would be a nice tweak. I think even orange sleeves with vertical stripes would look alright. I like te striping consistency though. Good work.

Vikings: of try went back to those really old ones (northwesternish stripes) that would look great, and I usually like grey facemasks with classic looking sets but you have to go all purple for the Vikings. I also would like a white purple white combo as long as they keep the socks simple and mostly white.

I was pretty silent here until the Bucs go talked about. I really hope its just some tweak to their visual identity rather than the unis.

One thing that tells me the colors remain constant is this:

rj-stadium1.jpg

The Seats are team colors. Now not saying they cant gut the place and replace them all, but all of these seats are brand new as of the 2006 or 2007 season if I recall. I have heard rumors however of new video boards, so maybe the seats are due as part of the renovation....IDK.

Need less to say, I am curious and cautious of the change and hope that not much changes, the unis remain constant and simple tweaks occur.

With the Browns new owner Jimmy Haslam stating that he is open to changing everything but the helmet, I would love to see this be the change.

home_zps69a67f78.pngAway_zps2daa178b.png

This is exactly what I would like to see, and I'm sure most Browns fans want to bring back the orange pants. I've always thought they needed to have consistent striping to match the helmet, the most iconic part of the team. The all-white look has run it's course and become very drab. I even wouldn't mind brown pants with stripes and orange jerseys added to the mix for variety.

pewter and tangerine (or what ever that color is called)

2bd5927d79951c6ab30e8a63474b684e.png

meh

I actually really like the idea of this orange/pewter combo now. I have zero clue whats up with them next year, but I'm pulling for a look along the lines of this. Because their current logos are awesome, maybe an updated Bucco Bruce as an Alt logo? This has some real potential here in my mind...

I will truly be disappointed if the Bucs go back to the creamsicles. The throwbacks are cool because they have that retro-vintage look going on, but I see them as a look stuck in the 70s and 80s. The current unis are phenomenal, one of the best updates of the last 20 years or so, imo.

I will truly be disappointed if the Bucs go back to the creamsicles. The throwbacks are cool because they have that retro-vintage look going on, but I see them as a look stuck in the 70s and 80s. The current unis are phenomenal, one of the best updates of the last 20 years or so, imo.

I have to agree. I like that they've finally brought back the creamsicles, but there's no reason to go with it full-time. They have the best of both worlds right now with the classic update that made red dominant (but use the pewter pants every week already) and the ability to throwback for a couple weeks a year. Of course, Nike might be looking at that pewter and letting its anthracite-filled (sp?) mind run wild...

Archived