2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Alfie Crow ‏@AlfieBCC

I've seen the new #Jaguars logo. It's robotic. Very futuristic.

Alfie Crow ‏@AlfieBCC

The #Jaguars new logo isn't even a Jaguar head anymore though. It's a body part.

Alfie Crow ‏@AlfieBCC

The #Jaguars logo is not a claw/paw see a lot of people guessing that

Big Jaguars fan and I took the time last night (4.5 hrs) to read through this entire thread and was actually really entertained. Great discussion and cool insights from people "in the know"

Worry not. He said he was making that up.

Someone called it Voltron like. I buy that.

I thought that seemed kind of contradictory to what we've heard from people much closer to the process with much better credentials

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a stab at that logo once...

***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

BALravens_NPC.png

I like that. It has modern uniform elements without going overboard. I wished the Ravens went with that head logo* instead of what they use now. Someone on here suggested that the helmet be purple-flaked (like the soon-to-be former Jaguars helmet) and then go all Boise State^ with that head logo...I can see it working.

*Or at least the one it's based off of.

^With the logo on both sides, of course.

I also played around with the actual unused Raven's head logo on a purple-flaked helmet (no unis):

5368779068_aef67c8904_z.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Look at this report by ESPN on counterfeit jersey:

http://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2378529

I'm not defending the counterfeiting, but why doesn't the NFL counter it by lowering the price of the authentic jerseys, thus providing less incentive for people to buy the counterfeits? Can they not sell them for less than $225 and still make money?

Of course they could. But let's not start this up again. Search for and read the China Counterfeit thread for a (very) comprehensive discussion (i.e. knock-down-drag-out) on the whole issue.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the topic. I'd love to know what was said in that thread, but I just looked and its up to 2,200 replies. I just can't dig through that many posts.

I took a stab at that logo once...

***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

BALravens_NPC.png

I like that. It has modern uniform elements without going overboard. I wished the Ravens went with that head logo* instead of what they use now. Someone on here suggested that the helmet be purple-flaked (like the soon-to-be former Jaguars helmet) and then go all Boise State^ with that head logo...I can see it working.

*Or at least the one it's based off of.

^With the logo on both sides, of course.

I also played around with the actual unused Raven's head logo on a purple-flaked helmet (no unis):

5368779068_aef67c8904_z.jpg

I saw a concept floating aroun the Internet a few yrs back that had just the red eyes, but they were really big. It was actually kinda cool.

Obviously main change is the Dolphins and an addition for the Eagles.

Kelly green throwback??

:)

Unless they're honoring the 25th anniversary of the Fog Bowl, I'm not sure what they'd be throwing back to...?

So is it safe to say the black alternate has been shelved for 2013?

Kelly green throwback??

Unless they're honoring the 25th anniversary of the Fog Bowl, I'm not sure what they'd be throwing back to...?

I realize it's part of the color scheme, but I never did like the black alternates for both the Eagles and Ravens. There just isn't enough of a contrast from their regular colored jerseys for me. I'd prefer a throwback in the Eagles case.

Kelly green throwback??

I realize it's part of the color scheme, but I never did like the black alternates for both the Eagles and Ravens. There just isn't enough of a contrast from their regular colored jerseys for me. I'd prefer a throwback in the Eagles case.

Ravens I'm fine with, eagles I agree. I mean I hate are regular Uni's more..but not a big fan of them.

As to a throwback they could do....the could maybe say 35 years for when Vermeil's teams were getting good or just honor The Vermeil Era team with their Uni

1db33fd80ac1fefb382d8f08bd4e6817.jpg

Only other thing they could maybe do besides the 60 one we had a few years ago is have a white throwback helmet....but that era isn't worth remembering in the slightest haha.

Kelly green throwback??

Ravens I'm fine with, eagles I agree. I mean I hate are regular Uni's more..but not a big fan of them.

As to a throwback they could do....the could maybe say 35 years for when Vermeil's teams were getting good or just honor The Vermeil Era team with their Uni

1db33fd80ac1fefb382d8f08bd4e6817.jpg

Only other thing they could maybe do besides the 60 one we had a few years ago is have a white throwback helmet....but that era isn't worth remembering in the slightest haha.

The only problem being that those uniforms actually have SLEEVES. Can't throwback to that style if all you currently wear is essentially muscle shirts

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Look at this report by ESPN on counterfeit jersey:

http://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2378529

I'm not defending the counterfeiting, but why doesn't the NFL counter it by lowering the price of the authentic jerseys, thus providing less incentive for people to buy the counterfeits? Can they not sell them for less than $225 and still make money?

Of course they could. But let's not start this up again. Search for and read the China Counterfeit thread for a (very) comprehensive discussion (i.e. knock-down-drag-out) on the whole issue.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the topic. I'd love to know what was said in that thread, but I just looked and its up to 2,200 replies. I just can't dig through that many posts.

Yeah, I forgot it was that long. Just imagine every possible angle and point of view and then how it would be worded by our resident mix of objective types, knee-jerkers, keyboard commandos, high-horse righteous preachers, et al and you'll have the essence of that thread. :D

Kidding aside, there were a lot of valid points made and general agreement that counterfeiting is wrong. From there it came down to people's comfort level with buying fakes and the various justifications (for lack of a better word) for doing so (the point you made and so on).

I tend to agree with your point in that when people, especially those of limited means, are presented with an official choice for $200+ and a reasonably similar (to non-uni geeks at least) alternative for a fraction of the cost, many if not most will put ethical considerations aside and buy the fake. That's not to say it's right, it's just the truth.

[/threadjack]

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

True Andy.....but they do what they do in college with the undershirt sleeves to try and recreate it.

Oh and I though of something else they could do

Sadly Steve van Buren died last year right before the season....they could maybe wear this or the other one they wore in 94 for the 75th

sidebarimage.gif7dcb59ccb4327092be2aa5a2d3cd1bf6.jpg

Only problem with that is the 70th and 75th anniversaries are coming up within the next 10/11 years....but it'd be long enough in between if it 75th.....with whatever they all do for the NFL's 100th in there somewhere too.

It's a cyborg jaguar reared onto it's haunches, tail lifted, and spraying a cloud of mist that looks like a J from it's bunghole.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From Lukas yesterday: "A little birdie tells me that the Jaguars will unveil their new logo tomorrow at 4pm. A uniform redesign, described to me as “similar to one the Seahawks underwent last year,” will be revealed in mid-April".

There you go. One of the designs was described as WTH? (maybe by Showtime?), and that would fit this now.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

No orange.

I also noticed the quote read like this.

The Jaguars will have a new look next season. Jaguars Owner Shad Khan on Friday confirmed the team will have a new logo and/or design, with the new appearance “rolled out (on) the NFL’s schedule.” Khan added, “It’s going to be great." Stay tuned.

Archived