2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Via the Uni Watch ticker:

"Charles Pritt had an email back-and-forth with a Nike customer rep, the upshot of which is that the Bills jerseys sold at retail will still have the neck roll but the on-field version will not."

I really have no words for this sort of idiocy by NIke. I really don't.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This photo has been making the rounds on Twitter today:

BMHphyBCEAEsmMG.jpg

A few observations:

Chromed-out Pats helmet on the bottom and a carbon helmet for the Raiders, which actually doesn't look that bad at all from what I can see;

These are actually done pretty well but more than likely just fan-made;

Obviously at some sort of event but not sure which one

Sort of reminds me of the old white Bucs helmets.

"Charles Pritt had an email back-and-forth with a Nike customer rep, the upshot of which is that the Bills jerseys sold at retail will still have the neck roll but the on-field version will not."

i doubt its idiocy. im sure they just didnt have time to change the orders on the retail jerseys. those things are put in about 1 year in advance. guarantee they'll be corrected next season.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Personally, I'd love to see my Pats in a chrome helmet. The only way San Francisco should wear them helmets is with white pants and their away jersey. I think the teams should do at least one crazy thing. The reason people don't wanna see it in the nfl is because of all the ways college teams have screwed up. One more thing, is that a horizontally striped raiders helmet?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Personally, I'd love to see my Pats in a chrome helmet. The only way San Francisco should wear them helmets is with white pants and their away jersey. I think the teams should do at least one crazy thing. The reason people don't wanna see it in the nfl is because of all the ways college teams have screwed up. One more thing, is that a horizontally striped raiders helmet?

Chrome belongs on about 2% of the visual identities that will hit the field. None of which are in the NFL, or even the NCAA for that matter.

i doubt its idiocy. im sure they just didnt have time to change the orders on the retail jerseys. those things are put in about 1 year in advance. guarantee they'll be corrected next season.

I'm sure Nike just wants to get rid of all of the old Bills jerseys with the neckroll first, before the start selling jerseys with the full collar. I'm sure Nike would be selling jerseys with the full white collar right now if the Bills had offered to pay Nike for the remaining stock of the old jerseys. I don't blame Nike for still selling the old jerseys. Why should they take a financial hit just because the Bills changed they're mind? If you remember, the NFL and Reebok made Chad Johnson wait a year before he was able to change his last name on his jersey to Ochocinco. They did that because Reebok didn't want to take a financial hit with all of the jerseys they already had with Johnson on them.

No. Just no

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Patriots just released a new wordmark (not sure if it's been released to the general public however). However, the old one will remain on the uniforms, which makes me wonder if a uniform change might be coming in 2014.

I'll post the new wordmark when I think it's "safe".

here is the exact reply I got from the Nike rep...If you look on other team's store sites like San Diego, they are selling Elite, Game, and limited uniforms with the neckroll collar.

"Hello Charles,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry for any confusion on my part.

The official jerseys that the player's will be wearing will have the full collar, whereas the jersey that we will sell to consumers will have the flywire collar. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Alyse

Nike.com"

here is the exact reply I got from the Nike rep...If you look on other team's store sites like San Diego, they are selling Elite, Game, and limited uniforms with the neckroll collar.

"Hello Charles,

The official jerseys that the player's will be wearing will have the full collar, whereas the jersey that we will sell to consumers will have the flywire collar. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Alyse

Nike.com"

This doesn't make sense. Some of the teams switching to the "full collar" like San Diego and Denver are still going to have the flywire. The low end jersey doesn't even have fake flywire, so that disproves their reason for selling those with the neckroll. The only reason that makes sense is they have jerseys in stock that they want to sell that have the neckroll before they start selling jerseys with the "full collar".

"Hello Charles,

Best regards,

Alyse

Nike.com"

This doesn't make sense. Some of the teams switching to the "full collar" like San Diego and Denver are still going to have the flywire. The low end jersey doesn't even have fake flywire, so that disproves their reason for selling those with the neckroll. The only reason that makes sense is they have jerseys in stock that they want to sell that have the neckroll before they start selling jerseys with the "full collar".

bingoosdsihdskj.gif

The Patriots just released a new wordmark (not sure if it's been released to the general public however). However, the old one will remain on the uniforms, which makes me wonder if a uniform change might be coming in 2014.

How different is it from their current wordmark?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Very.

One color.

Very.

One color.

Eww. Do you like it, CWX?

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I find that quite odd. I've always thought that the Patriots have one of the best looks in the NFL. The silver alts are pretty bad, but otherwise they look pretty good. They could stand a tiny bit more red in their road uniforms but I hope they don't do much with the home look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I find that quite odd. I've always thought that the Patriots have one of the best looks in the NFL. The silver alts are pretty bad, but otherwise they look pretty good. They could stand a tiny bit more red in their road uniforms but I hope they don't do much with the home look.

I should reiterate - I'm only speculating on any potential uniform changes...only change for 2013 (so far) is this new wordmark - which does NOT apply to the uniforms.

Personally, I think the Pats have the "best" example of side-striping gone horrifically bad. We would be complaining like crazy if a team tried to implement something that incongruous nowadays.

FYI, the silver alts haven't been worn in 5+ years.

I know I'm a homer, but I really love the Pats current set. I honestly think their current look is their best ever.

"Hello Charles,

Best regards,

Alyse

Nike.com"

I just got my manti te'o nike game jersey from sports fever. It still has the two toned collar and the only change is the yellow lettering with the powder blue outline. Only the elite jerseys has the all blue collar on sale.

Archived