NCAA Football Concepts: SEC

bigmike

Okay guys so its been a long time since I have worked on any kind of concepts, but I've had some more free time then usual lately and found some time to work on some new ideas. The last two college football threads I started were probably my biggest concept threads ever (aside from my old MLB thread). I think I have done somewhere around 40 to 50 total NCAA teams. Luckily I have been able to update my template a little bit, so I am somewhat rebooting my concept series. Instead of doing one big megathread I'll just post by conferences, that way I can take a break from it in the future and pick up where I left off with a new conference.

ALL SEC TEAMS COMPLETE

SECConceptHelmets.png

WEST: See Post #2

EAST See Post #18

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

For Alabama, I built off a few of my last concepts and made some various tweaks. The home and road uniforms feature a sublimated houndstooth pattern on the helmet stripe, collars, numbers, and the middle pants stripe. I also gave Bama some alternate options, a new pro combat rivalry uniform which features black and white houndstooth in the form of helmet bumper, collar, piping, and pants stripe. I also added a white helmet which is something I always do. The Pro Combat uniform's helmet is also very different, it features the script A on the sides and a stripe somewhat similar to Michigan State's or Ohio State's 11 PC helmets.

Home and Away Uniforms

AlabamaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Pro Combat and Away Alternate Uniforms

AlabamaAlternateUniforms.png

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS

I love the idea of the Razorback's new uniforms but I think nike failed in execution. First of all Arkansas is red and white, so there is no need for black or gray or gradients to be used with this set. Second of all I don't like how the sleeve stripe layers on top each other, it makes the top layer look like a lightning bolt, if the stripe was the same color as the sleeve it would look more like a razorback design then a lightning bolt design. So basically all I did was simplify there set much more, the helmets and pants are meant to be interchangeable.

Home and Away Uniforms

ArkansasUniforms.png

AUBURN TIGERS

This Auburn concept is a update from my last one, I moved it to the new under armor template, its basically just a modernization of their uniforms. I also made the pants stripe match the helmet. This time I decided to be really creative with the orange uniform for Auburn and I turned it into a "Tiger Theme" uniform. It is really based off of their tiger eyes logo (see below) and this logo.

Home and Away Uniforms

AuburnHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

"Tiger Pride" Alternate Uniform

AuburnAlternateuniform.png

LSU TIGERS

One thing I always like to do for LSU is replace their yellow-gold color with the pro combat gold color that they use. I have been a huge fan of both of their pro combat uniforms but I really loved last year's. I started out using the same shoulder stripe/side panel but I decided it would look better if I just used shoulder loops so thats what I did. I updated their name/number font to the GEAUX font, and added white helmets/pants for their road games. I also created two clash uniforms for them, they would continue to wear the purple uniforms for non-SEC home games or as a clash uniform, and then they might wear the gold uniform for a bowl game or some other big game.

Home and Away Uniforms

LSUHomeandAwayUniforms-1.png

Clash Uniforms

LSUClashUniforms-1.png

MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS

I'm a big fan of Mississippi State's new uniforms, however there are a few things I would do differently. The first thing is emphasize gold as a third color, they came out with special egg bowl uniforms last year that had gold as an accent color, and damn they looked good! So I decided to emphasize it much more with this set, I changed the number font to match their custom block wordmark, I went ahead and made the ribbon stripe end on the sleeves as apposed to the undersleeves, the reason behind that is because not every player wears undersleeves. I also added the bulldog logo (which I wanted to use on the helmet) on the back of the jersey. The pants stripe is now flipped to face down, and I added a new "Egg Bowl" uniform which is gold!

Home and Away Uniforms

MississippiStateUniforms.png

"Egg Bowl" Uniform

EggBowlUniforms-1.png

Ole Miss Rebels

I like the Rebel's current uniforms, but there just isn't much consistency between them. So I decided to use a Navy/Red/Navy shoulder striping pattern (similar to some uniforms they were during the Eli era) on every uniform. I also used the Pro Combat styled pant stripe and added their block M logo onto the hip. This helmet has been floating around as a throwback posibilty for Ole Miss to wear this season, but they have yet to break it out and I don't think its been announced that they would wear them. Despite this, I love that helmet and wanted to replicate a throwback uniform from the 1984 Ole Miss set. Aside from the helmet, that is really their traditional away uniform and pants so I was glad I could keep some of their traditional uniform elements in the whole set and in the throwback uniform.

Home and Away Uniforms

OleMissHomeandAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Home and Throwback Uniforms

OleMissAlternateUniforms.png

TEXAS A&M AGGIES

The last team in the SEC West is the new team, Texas A&M. I love their new uniforms, so I decided to only tweak their current set, I decided to use the double stripes on all of their pants, and I added some new gray pants featuring a maroon/white/maroon striping style. I also brought back the bevel to the 'aTm' logo on the helmet because it needs to be there to stay consistent with the numbers. All the pants are interchangable with both sets.

Home and Away Uniforms

TexasAMUniforms-1.png

Really love these concepts. I LOVE the Auburn Tiger Pride concept, but I think the helmet is a little bit overboard. I think getting rid of the eyes would tone it down a bit. I also love the LSU gold jersey.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow, these are fantastic. LSU needs to switch to your concept immediately, and Arkansas looks amazing.

My one complaint is with Auburn. The piping on the regular home and roads is extraneous, IMO. I'd actually like to see blue and white versions of the Tiger Pride alternate instead of the normal home and roads, and that Tiger Pride helmet is really cool.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Addressing a few thoughts and comments:

The piping on Auburn's home and away jerseys aren't completely nescacery but the reason I did that is because its what I imagine under armor might do if auburn were to allow them to update their jerseys a little bit, with alternate being as strong as it is I may go back and get rid of the piping though.

As far as the helmet goes I wanna keep the eyes, that's one of the things that really makes the helmet unique.

The gray pants for Texas A&M are like that to replicate some that they've worn in recent years that I really like but they really only match the white jersey so I'll likely update them, I may work on gray alternate for A&M as well as a Miss. State away alt.

Mattb6 the template is actually a paint template that can be found in the paint template thread. I've created a lot of different jersey cuts out of te template though and kinda added my own things to it, I wanna release all my cuts sometime although I'd like to be done with my concepts first, if your interested in using them now pm your email and I'll send you some of the basic ones. The helmet template is actually a ps template that I use with gimp, I use gimp for just about 75% of the concept.

I'm going make some minor tweaks/updates to the West sometime today, I forgot tv numbers on some teams so that'll be the biggest change, I may also do a navy and white version of the "Tiger Pride" uniform just for viewing purposes. I'm almost done with the East as well but it may take me a few days to completely finish it.

Thanks for all of the feedback! Hope to hear more!

Great concepts! Here is my thoughts:

Alabama: Nice subtle updates / Love the white helmet

Arkansas: Love to stripes on the pants / Love the removal of the black gradient.

Auburn: Love the alternate

LSU: Perfection

Ole Miss: Love the striping on the pants

Texas A&M: The gray pants are all the Aggies need to make their current set beautiful.

I hope you finish the rest of the SEC as I am looking forward to seeing Kentucky make sure to keep the pant stripes.

spacer.png

Alright I have finally completed the SEC East, I also updated Auburn, LSU, and Ole Miss to have tv numbers on the sleeves or the shoulders.

FLORIDA GATORS

For Florida I've always tried to come up with some different jersey designs but at the end of the day, their consistent jersey striping has become a tradition. I did mix it up a little bit by adding the gator scale pattern to the white stripe in their striping pattern. I updated all the logos used on the uniforms to their new updated logos and wordmarks. So now the orange helmet features the 'F' logo on it, and the jerseys have updated wordmarks, numbers, and the NOB. I always use a cleaned up version of the gator logo, but this time I decided to recolor it to blue and orange without any green.

Home and Away Uniforms

FloridaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

FloridaAlternateUniforms.png

GEORGIA BULLDOGS

This concept turned out to be one of my favorites, last time I did Georgia I made the jersey striping stay consistent with the pants, this time I took it a step further by adding gray to the sleeves, the pants are also moved to the pro combat template. I added a blackout set which includes a solid black helmet and solid black pants.

Home and Away Uniforms

GeorgiaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

GeorgiaAlternateUniforms.png

KENTUCKY WILDCATS

I like the checkerboard pattern for Kentucky so I didn't stray from using it. I used the template that is featured in my Alabama concept for Kentucky and used checkboard pattern on helmet stripe, collar, sleeves, and pants stripe. I almost used it on the numbers but I felt that would be overkill, the number font is updated to a serif block font to match the wordmark featured on the chest. I had to switch the pants to a single stripe to stay consistent with the rest of the set. I also decided to ditch black, I didn't want to force it in this set.

Home and Away Uniforms

KentuckyHomeandAwayUniform.png

MISSOURI TIGERS

Nike almost knocked it out of the park with Mizzou this season, but they messed up by basically using three different templates for each jersey. If you ask me the gold jersey design is the best of the bunch, so basically all I did was apply it to each uniform set. The helmet stays the same, I'm not crazy about their alternate helmet so I didn't include it, the sublimated tiger stripes also appear on the jersey's stripes to match the helmets. I used some new pants striping to match the helmet better as well.

Home and Away Uniforms

MizzouHomeandAwayuniforms_zps15458fdd.png

Alternate Uniforms

MizzouAlternateuniforms.png

SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS

South Carolina really stumped me, I was done with the rest of this division about a week ago but I just couldn't figure out what to do with SC. They have always seemed to use the northwestern stripes for the helmets so I decided to just come up with a creative design based on the northwestern stripe. The new stripe is featured on the whole uniform, and the palm tree flag logo is now featured on the hip of the pants. Also created a new Garnet helmet to go along with the white helmet.

Home and Away Uniforms

SouthCarolinaHomeandAwayUniforms_zps878c88a1.png

Alternate Uniforms

SouthCarolinaAlternateUniforms_zpsfaea7688.png

TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS

Tennessee has some classic uniforms, I've always been a fan of incorperating the checkerboard pattern for Tennessee as well. This time I just went with the classic uni's, and some checkerboard undersleeves similar to their current design. Both uniforms feature a thin black outline on the numbers which now match the 'Power T' logo. The pants stripe now matches the helmet stripe. Now I got a little crazy with the alternate uniform, I could have made a black jersey or an orange jersey like this as well but I just went with white because it was inspired by a white uniform. Basically it features the checkerboard pattern on the shoulders, I guess they could wear it against Kentucky and just have a full out checker's match (terrible joke). I added an orange helmet and pant option that could be used with all uniforms.

Home and Away Uniforms

VolsHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniform

TennesseeAlternateJersey.png

VANDERBILT COMMADORES

I've always had this idea for Vandy, since their logo is a star logo, I thought I'd create uniform inspired by the classic Cowboy throwback's. Each uniforrm features a large Vandy star logo on the shoulder and also features a number font similar to their basketball uniforms although it is a blockier version. The alternate uniform is the very similar to the Cowboy uni's because it actually features a different colored shoulder yoke. I chose not to keep the black or white helmets because the gold one is strong enough to stand on its own. The collar now features this guy as it's logo.

Home and Away Uniforms

VandyHomeandAwayuniforms2.png

Alternate Uniform

VanderbiltAlternate.png

Archived