Wendy's Changes Logo for First Time Since 1983

dfwabel

Leaders in innovation in chicken? What?

That being said, the store looks good, but that's for new stores. I highly doubt they're going to remodel the exterior of most of their existing locations.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this today on Yahoo, and I just about screamed. I get they want to update their image. But what they forget is that you have to update your image to what you want to be. This quote has me baffled looking at the logo, "Ultimately, Brolick wants the company to be seen as a "top-end" fast-food chain — better quality than McDonald's, but perhaps not at the same level as Panera." Okay, I hate to break the news to them, but their script "Wendy's" makes it look like I place I would never frequent and I don't even go to Wendy's. They want to be seen as a "top-end" fast-food chain and yet they give us a bottom-end scipt that screams "We are cheap and we don't care!" It looks like someone made it in Paint.

I think they hit a home run.

I'll miss the Western script, too. That did say Wendy's too me. But sometimes a brand change isn't about just updating what you have, sometimes you really are looking to separate a little bit. I think that's the case with Wendy's.

I think they want to be more than the 5th option (just throwing it out there, not scientific) for a quick meal. Sure they could have just simplified things and gone with the new Wendy. But when I saw the concept that did that on page one I realized--that just looks like the same old Wendy's.

And I don't think that's what they want. They want you to know that this is a new Wendy's. And the only way to do that is to make some more significant changes. I really think they did a good job with this.

Burger King needs an update in the WORST way.

They need to be blown up next to Jobing.com Arena, seriously they have gotten worst the last 10 years. Hate their burgers, but it seems like everything is becoming terrible, even their new products.

Disagree on Burger King's food. I find that Burger King ends up doing everything they do nearly as well or better than the other fast food places. The problem is that Burger King is never first. They're always following someone else's lead.

Burger King's angus burgers and "manly" marketing was pretty good. Unfortunately, Hardee's beat them to the punch.

Burger King's smoothies are EXCELLENT. SO good. But ya know what? McDonald's had them for over a year first.

There's other examples, but that just seems to be their pattern.

Disagree on Burger King's food. I find that Burger King ends up doing everything they do nearly as well or better than the other fast food places. The problem is that Burger King is never first. They're always following someone else's lead.

Burger King's angus burgers and "manly" marketing was pretty good. Unfortunately, Hardee's beat them to the punch.

Burger King's smoothies are EXCELLENT. SO good. But ya know what? McDonald's had them for over a year first.

I think Burger King are among the worst fast food chains around. Wendy's, while not perfect by any means, runs circles around them when it comes to quality. Even McDonalds has them beat in that regard.

Just keep the cute redhead in the commercials forever and I won't care what the logo looks like.

wendy.jpg

I think Burger King are among the worst fast food chains around. Wendy's, while not perfect by any means, runs circles around them when it comes to quality. Even McDonalds has them beat in that regard.

completely agree. Burger King is not even an option for me.

After the dustup over the mismatched letters in the Lowe's logo, can't believe nobody's ever blown up Wendy's for mixing in caps ("E" & "N") in their logo.

Wendys-logo.png

Wendy's isnt the only place to use a lowercased "n" in their logo.

7-eleven-logo-primary.jpg

7-eleven is another one tho I am surprised hasn't tried updating their logo yet.

The font on the new is generic as it gets.

Um... what? No, Helvetica would be "generic". Arial would be "generic". This is decidedly not "generic".

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived