New Gwinnett Gladiators Dark Jerseys

pheer

The Gladiators revealed new dark jerseys for the year, basically on the Phoenix home template with "GWINNETT" angled across the front.

Interesting point gleaned FTA: "Our contract with SP Apparel, who has been our jersey manufacturer since year two, comes to an end at the conclusion of the 2012-2013 season. As such, Chappy (Pres/GM Steve Chapman) and I discussed the situation when we placed our order back in March. Next season, we’ll be under contract to ONLY sell jerseys manufactured by our new jersey supplier. Any leftover SP jerseys would be rendered unable to be sold."

So, apparently SP might be out at the end of the year. RBK anyone? :(

Full article:

http://gwinnettgladiators.com/site/news/article.asp?art=2430

Interesting point gleaned FTA: "Our contract with SP Apparel, who has been our jersey manufacturer since year two, comes to an end at the conclusion of the 2012-2013 season. As such, Chappy (Pres/GM Steve Chapman) and I discussed the situation when we placed our order back in March. Next season, we’ll be under contract to ONLY sell jerseys manufactured by our new jersey supplier. Any leftover SP jerseys would be rendered unable to be sold."

So, apparently SP might be out at the end of the year. RBK anyone? :(

There are teams that have made that switch that still have both brands of jersey available for sale. It would be odd for Reebok to single out Gwinnett in an agreement like this. It's more likely a smaller brand, like OT Sports, who wants the exclusive exposure.

Team names on the front jersey ala NYR are so lazy. It's a shame, since that's a fine logo.

At least it's an interesting font...

I don't mind the diagonal-lettering look, it's the arched-lettering of baseball jerseys, but for hockey. Not that original, but each one has it's merits.

I find that it's far more lazy when a team uses an exact stock jersey, no color changes, no striping changes, just straight stock. I know I'll be in the minority, but I think that's far worse than the lettering...at least there can be (should be) great logos on the shoulders.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived