Brooklyn Islanders

Lights Out

Am I super immature or does the sorta-phallic lighthouse look like it's entering the bottom hole in the B?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

You've taken everything that's good about the Islanders' identity and thrown it out the window. No thanks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like it, the only problem i have with it is the two different shades of blue. The lighter shade is fine in the light house but it's not working for me on the sleeve. Although they are going to stay the new york islanders, i think this is a good start if they wanted to rebrand and its not toooooo far off of their brand now, like some of the rebrands of today(i.e. Marlins)

2j2jiwp.png

I think the lighthouse overlapping the bottom part of the B makes it look like an R.

Hmm, what if you made the bottom of the B thicker/cut off a bit of the lighthouse bottom?

Anyway, I like it. The Brooklyn Dodgers are awesome.

Am I super immature or does the sorta-phallic lighthouse look like it's entering the bottom hole in the B?

Right up the B-Hole.

Ba dum bum.

I think u meant : "Da bum bum"

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

maybe as a sleeve logo but as a main...no thanks...I really like the Dodgers B idea, but it's just too much Brooklyn. Maybe an update of the existing logo to make it more modern, but don't take away all the history...In yours, it looks like the Islanders were made in 2002. Maybe you could try a less-cartoonified lighthouse and see how that goes in the B but I still don't think it'll work.

spacer.png

Any more thoughts?

I don't think the light house motif works once they make the move to Brooklyn. I may be mistaken, but it always said "suburban Long Island" to me.

BTW, that's supposed to be teal, not light blue. I was going for the Fisherman-era color scheme to differentiate them from the Knicks and Mets.

Blue, white, and orange were used for a reason. They're New York City's official colours, and they reflect the area's Dutch heritage. Blue, white, and orange makes sense. Blue, white, orange and teal is just to busy.

Blue, white, and orange were used for a reason. They're New York City's official colours, and they reflect the area's Dutch heritage. Blue, white, and orange makes sense. Blue, white, orange and teal is just to busy.

But the use of teal is so subtle in this case, I hardly think it deters from the New York City colours.

Personally, I think the jerseys look great. You toke the Islanders first edge set and improved it dramatically by removing the front numbers and half hearted hem stripes. The small amount of teal really makes for a unique look that does go overboard like the FIsherman jerseys did. Just fix the logo... The Lighthouse seems tacked on.

Archived