West Virginia Baseball going to Flying WV

rynoz10

Looks like West Virginia will be switching from their interlocking WV to the Flying WV on their baseball uniforms. The WVU baseball team was the only team at WVU to not use the Flying WV as their primary mark. The video shows the Flying WV on their hats and on the batting helmets. The old mark is still on the jerseys, but the jerseys look like last year's as they have the Big East patch on the shoulders.

http://www.wvusports.com/mediaplayer.cfm?streamID=1645

I think this honestly has as much to do with ushering the new era of WVU baseball as it does everything else. We have a new head coach now (one who doesn't suck) and it's time for us to begin a new phase now that we're in the Big 12.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

I like the uniforms for the most part but I wouldn't mind seeing new ones when the new stadium eventually opens to fully usher in a new era of WVU Baseball in the Big 12.

The program as a whole has been a joke for a long time. I try and support WVU, and not just the football and men's bball teams, but even with that being said I've been to one game in my three years here, and that was only because it was dollar hot dog night and that night in the dorms the cafe was closed. I don't know anyone that's been to more than one game.

Doesn't help that the former coach LOVED bunting more than his family.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

This is encouaraging, I never liked the baseball uniforms. The interlocking WV looked tacky to me (wanna be Yankees logo, it seemed to me) and the literal gold they used looked terrible. We looked like Pitt.

That Flying WV on Coach's hat looks pretty chintzy tho. It needs some beviling, its way too flat. It looks like a hat you would buy at Wal Mart.

But I guess that's fitting since apparently the new baseball stadium is going to be next to the Wal Mart at the University Town Center. :unsure:

90758391980.gif

Are you kidding?? I thought they were just gonna put it at the Coliseum complex again. What an odd place for a stadium.

That being said, I WAS just up by Walmart the other day and noticed how much unused space there was next to it.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

The flying WV is very beloved, I doubt they'll change for a very long time. However, Holgorsen mentioned on his radio show a few weeks back that they may try and bring back the white helmet with the state outline next year as a throwback.

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that location DC in da House. I don't know if you knew but they just built an apartment complex up there, The Domain. I live downtown but I have a few friends there and driving all the way up there just to hang out is a giant bitch. I wonder how easily they'll attract students playing up there.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

Archived