Brass

Star Wars Movie Thread

Ice_Cap    7,421

What Episode VII should be: Heir to the Empire

What Episode VII is likely going to be: Some dumbed down CGI-infused crapfest with at least one character who makes you think fondly of Jar Jar Binks and wish the Sith end up destroying the galaxy. Also, it will be a musical.

http://youtu.be/tXvXVAgM6FE

Mings    577

My first and only though was that for the love of all that is holy, this better be the Thrawn trilogy. Those were some damn good books.

Griffinmarlins    603

Episode III was great, but the other two prequels were crap. I have faith in this though. Hopefully it'll be more intense Disney movie, like Prince of Persia was. If they base it off one of the books, then it'll be fine.

George Lucas had ruined Star Wars years ago and Disney has shown that they can acquire companies (Pixar and Marvel) and do great things with them. This can only be a good thing.

Gfonk04    14

George Lucas had ruined Star Wars years ago and Disney has shown that they can acquire companies (Pixar and Marvel) and do great things with them. This can only be a good thing.

Part of me hopes that's exactly the case. Part of me is afraid Ep VII will be a cartoon.

CanesCop86    5

Part of me hopes that's exactly the case. Part of me is afraid Ep VII will be a cartoon.

They have already announced that the next movie is Episode 7 and will continue the Story of Han, Luke and Leia. It would make no sense to announce it as "episode 7" but deciding to change it to an animated cg film.

I see nothing really changing for the worse. And I trust Disney to give us a good product.

dfwabel    956

Lucas and Disney CEO Bob Iger discuss the acquisition:

$4B for the entire company could actually be a bargain.

The Star Wars film series will essentially fall on Kathleen Kennedy's shoulders.

Gfonk04    14

They have already announced that the next movie is Episode 7 and will continue the Story of Han, Luke and Leia. It would make no sense to announce it as "episode 7" but deciding to change it to an animated cg film.

They won't have to recast anyone if they make it a cartoon. Voice work makes everyone ageless. If they get a large enough word sample they can make it last forever.

I'm only partially joking.

They also won't have to recast anyone if they set it 40 years after Jedi. So that would make it just "A decent amount if time ago..."

All that said, Disney is great for production value, so I'm sure the movies will look great. And their associated sections of the Magic Kingdom will be awesome.

CrazyAnna    93

I'm hoping Episode VII takes place in conjunction with the current novels. They just finished up with Fate of the Jedi 9-novel storyline, which takes place 43 years after Episode IV.

GFB    754

REDACTED

(Not sure what crawled up my pants that day, but wow, I never knew I was capable of such strong feelings about Star Wars)

rams80    2,717

I'm hoping Episode VII takes place in conjunction with the current novels. They just finished up with Fate of the Jedi 9-novel storyline, which takes place 43 years after Episode IV.

Yes, Fate of the Jedi would be wonderful. :upside: I assume the first movie would just be Ewan MacGregor explaining to the audience the particulars of the Bantam Novel Series, The New Jedi Order Series, and Legacy of the Force Series or else much of your audience is going to experience the kind of continuity lockout you can only get by randomly picking up a present-day comic book of one of DC or Marvel's tertiary characters without any prior knowledge of the series. Bring lots of Mountain Dew; this is going to be quite the infodump.

Island_Style    163

I am all excited for it. I would rather them try to continue the series than do nothing about it. Yeah, it could be bad. You never know. It could be great. Worth the gamble to me. Better than nothing. If it is bad, I'll forget it. Phantom Menace never happened. I also think they may have learned something. You may not see a Jar-Jar. Lets hope. I got nothing better to do. :lol:

GFB    754

I am all excited for it. I would rather them try to continue the series than do nothing about it. Yeah, it could be bad. You never know. It could be great. Worth the gamble to me. Better than nothing. If it is bad, I'll forget it. Phantom Menace never happened. I also think they may have learned something. You may not see a Jar-Jar. Lets hope. I got nothing better to do. :lol:

indiana-jones-kingdom-crystal-skull-2008-movie-13.png

rams80    2,717

It was a radiation sickness-induced hallucination!

GFB    754

It was a radiation sickness-induced hallucination!

...yet they said there were zero side effects from this accident!