Brass

Star Wars Movie Thread

1,233 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Shumway said:

A little late to the party, but I watched Rogue One this weekend and really enjoyed it. It won't ever be the best Star Wars movie, but it stands on its own pretty well. In a way, it sort of enhanced a New Hope by establishing the importance of the plans. I also absolutely loved Vader just mowing through people at the end.

Just saw it for the first time on Sunday, and I honestly think it's the second best SW movie (behind A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back). It completely justifies the actions in ANH, especially why it was so easy to infiltrate the reactor. The characters were also well rounded and complete.

As for VIII, I seriously hope there's some variation between it and TESB. Given the similarities between VII and IV, I sure hope they take a different route this time around.

The directors of the Han Solo movie have left due to creative differences. The movie has already been shooting for four months and will still be released in less than a year. I've got a bad feeling about this...

3 people like this

12 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The directors of the Han Solo movie have left due to creative differences. The movie has already been shooting for four months and will still be released in less than a year. I've got a bad feeling about this...

On 6/20/2017 at 9:32 PM, Cosmic said:

It will get moved to Dec 2018. 

37 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

It will get moved to Dec 2018. 

I think they'd sabotage Mary Poppins Returns.

6 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I think they'd sabotage Mary Poppins Returns.

They sabotaged themselves making Mary Poppins Returns.  Those stills look like some cosplay attempt at Mary Poppins featuring "That Hamilton Guy" 

19 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

They sabotaged themselves making Mary Poppins Returns.  Those stills look like some cosplay attempt at Mary Poppins featuring "That Hamilton Guy" 

It's okay for things you don't like to be popular.

Between Hamilton and Moana, Lin Manuel Miranda is on a pretty good run.

10 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I prefer to consider Lin Manuel-Miranda as "That Guy Who Wrote the Song from Maz Kanata's in The Force Awakens."

So is Ron Howard going to work with the footage Miller and Lord already shot? Are they gonna reshoot most of it? This is pretty crazy.

1 person likes this

On 6/22/2017 at 9:53 PM, DDR said:

So is Ron Howard going to work with the footage Miller and Lord already shot? Are they gonna reshoot most of it? This is pretty crazy.

at this point, who know's.  

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

oooh yikes. 

http://www.thewrap.com/lucasfilm-unsatisfied-alden-ehrenreich-han-solo/

They hired an acting coach of Ehrenreich. Man I love stories about production problems. 

SH7dPtx.gif

It's good to know that Disney/Lucasfilm keeps its creative staff on a tighter leash than in the prequel era (mostly because people back then - including several famed directors - assumed George Lucas to be a "visionary artist" who didn't need their help, even when he asked for it), but this whole thing will either turn out to be a mess of executive meddling or a clusterbleep of bad film-making. I look forward to more stories about the trainwreck.

Either way, it'll probably make its money back and be a big hit. The Star Wars brand has been kinda "too big to fail" for about two decades.

Edited by SFGiants58
Added quote.

This stuff just takes my breath away. Incredible.

4 people like this