Brass

Star Wars Movie Thread

I like it.

Disney just wants someone that will get the job done. Not necessarily something crazy or out of this world or ground breaking. Just land this plane. JJ will do that.

We're a few years into this and there hasn't been the announcement for the Nien Nunb side movie we deserve?

22 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I like it.

Disney just wants someone that will get the job done. Not necessarily something crazy or out of this world or ground breaking. Just land this plane. JJ will do that.

Wasn't this trilogy's main story JJ's anyway. 

There are many videos dubbing Vader over with audio from other sources (i.e. James Earl Jones' other movies, Tommy Wiseau, Hank Hill, etc.), but this series has to be the funniest!

I know some people are reluctant to view the trailer, but it's really good. You can stop reading now if you still don't want to know anything: if you've spent anytime looking up theories on where the story could go, then not much will be spoiled for you.

That trailer was awesome...

But I want to address some concerns...

The Force Awakens follows A New Hope’s blueprints pretty faithfully. And I still don’t care. It’s a great movie in its own right, and they had to go “back to basics” both to reintroduce people to Star Wars (and in some cases introduce them) and to cleanse the pallet of the prequel trilogy. I don’t hold TFA echoing ANH against it.

That being said...I always held to the notion that once that reintroduction was out of the way? It was time to tell new stories. 

We only have a trailer for TLJ to go on, but I’m getting some serious ESB vibes. 

Luke seemingly reluctantly training Rey mirrors Yoda reluctantly training Luke. 

Rey appears to leave Luke and her training on Ahch-To. Much like how, in ESB, Luke left Yoda and his training on Dagobah. 

We get a shot of updated AT-ATs reminicnent of ESB’s Battle of Hoth. 

We get a shot of Kylo Ren leading a group of what looks like Snow Troopers, much like how Vader led a group of Snow Troopers at the tail end of the Battle of Hoth. 

Snoke makes an appearance, which could mirror Palpatine’e first appearance in Empire.

All of this could be for naught, but it concerns me. I was hoping that the (very well done) reset that was TFA would lead to new stories. I don’t want TLJ to be an ESB rehash. 

31 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

That trailer was awesome...

But I want to address some concerns...

The Force Awakens follows A New Hope’s blueprints pretty faithfully. And I still don’t care. It’s a great movie in its own right, and they had to go “back to basics” both to reintroduce people to Star Wars (and in some cases introduce them) and to cleanse the pallet of the prequel trilogy. I don’t hold TFA echoing ANH against it.

That being said...I always held to the notion that once that reintroduction was out of the way? It was time to tell new stories. 

We only have a trailer for TLJ to go on, but I’m getting some serious ESB vibes. 

Luke seemingly reluctantly training Rey mirrors Yoda reluctantly training Luke. 

Rey appears to leave Luke and her training on Ahch-To. Much like how, in ESB, Luke left Yoda and his training on Dagobah. 

We get a shot of updated AT-ATs reminicnent of ESB’s Battle of Hoth. 

We get a shot of Kylo Ren leading a group of what looks like Snow Troopers, much like how Vader led a group of Snow Troopers at the tail end of the Battle of Hoth. 

Snoke makes an appearance, which could mirror Palpatine’e first appearance in Empire.

All of this could be for naught, but it concerns me. I was hoping that the (very well done) reset that was TFA would lead to new stories. I don’t want TLJ to be an ESB rehash. 

But this time, the student turns to the dark side?

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But this time, the student turns to the dark side?

I really don’t think this. I think too much has gone into Rey (and Daisy Ridley) from Disney and what we’ve gotten for her to turn evil. I just can’t see the new female heroine switching sides.

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I really don’t think this. I think too much has gone into Rey (and Daisy Ridley) from Disney and what we’ve gotten for her to turn evil. I just can’t see the new female heroine switching sides.

Seconded. I give Disney a lot of credit for doing what they did with Rogue One, but this is a bridge too far. Also, IF they were going to switch Rey, I think they'd also have to switch Kylo, and I don't think fans will ever forgive him for killing Han Solo (and Leia?). Rey will just flirt with her bad side to keep it interesting, like Luke did.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Seconded. I give Disney a lot of credit for doing what they did with Rogue One, but this is a bridge too far. Also, IF they were going to switch Rey, I think they'd also have to switch Kylo, and I don't think fans will ever forgive him for killing Han Solo (and Leia?). Rey will just flirt with her bad side to keep it interesting, like Luke did.

she was going to die anyway i think (before Carrie Fisher's death).  maybe not in this one to begin with but now they are going to.