Miami Marlins Concept

csura999

Here is a Miami Marlins concept I whipped up. I honestly like their jersey wordmarks and cap logo, but I feel like all the extra colors are unnecessary, and I know I'm not the only member on the boards who feels that way. I am a big fan of the red-orange shade they use, but I don't for the care use of black even though they have used it since their inception in 1993.

So what I did was clean up the wordmarks by removing the marlin on them, and cleaned up the colors to just two: Their orange I mentioned earlier, and teal. Except in this case I darkened up their teal to a shade similar to the Philadelphia Eagles (actually a smidge lighter), I think that shade really sets off the orange that much more. I however, did keep the marlin on the cap, as I think that looks way better then having the marlin appear multiple times on the entire jersey set (wordmarks, sleeve patch, cap logo). I also tried a new number font that matches the wordmark, and used the New Orleans Saints' NOB for the Marlins, I feel it fits very well with the whole concept.

Cap logos (Top is away, bottom is home):

345onsk.png

Home:

ekf1f.png

Away:

152nou9.png

Home Alternate:

28bwcvq.png

Away Alternate:

14b55a8.png

Personally, I think removing the extra colors and ditching black for teal, basically all the unnecessary gaudiness really makes the Marlins set an easy fix. What do you guys think?

Dolphins color scheme FTW!

This is 1000x times better than the Rainbow Diarrhea that they wear now.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Echoing the thoughts of the others, this is awesome! The home is easily my favorite from this set! Two suggestions: 1. It might be my screen, but the road uniform and alt pants look too dark and a bit greenish, so I think it should be lightened a tad. 2. I would like the see the "teal version" of the home- teal undershirt, socks, belt, and hat.

Thank you all guys. And fouhy12, here you go, a modified home version with teal undershirts, belts, and caps and the road and road alternate with a lighter shade of grey. The teal-ish tint to the road was intentional, but here it goes.

"Teal" home uniforms:

15wf3g6.png

Modified away uniforms:

2mg1esh.png

Modified away alternate uniforms:

2l9s1f7.png

It'd be nice if we got some new members around here who actually knew what they were talking about.

The actual Marlins colors have reasoning for being included. You may not like the way they look together, but you can't claim they just threw colors together. This concept shows less creativity than the actual uniforms because it simply copies the colors of the Miami Dolphins.

It'd be nice if we got some new members around here who actually knew what they were talking about.

The actual Marlins colors have reasoning for being included. You may not like the way they look together, but you can't claim they just threw colors together. This concept shows less creativity than the actual uniforms because it simply copies the colors of the Miami Dolphins.

I see your point but, a few cities share color schemes.

2j2jiwp.png

Doesn't mean they have to. Plus, I actually find their actual color palette to be better. The way the orange, blue and yellow pop against the black, the way the orange echoes the Miami sunshine and the black, with all the colors, the Miami nightlife. There was some thought put into the color selection and not just, "Hey the Dolphins use these colors. We just moved out of their stadium so let's copy them."

Doesn't mean they have to. Plus, I actually find their actual color palette to be better. The way the orange, blue and yellow pop against the black, the way the orange echoes the Miami sunshine and the black, with all the colors, the Miami nightlife. There was some thought put into the color selection and not just, "Hey the Dolphins use these colors. We just moved out of their stadium so let's copy them."

I understand your logic McCall, and you bring up good points, very good points actually. My reasoning was that teams and cities do share color schemes, like previously stated. And well, they are on the site of the old Orange Bowl, which is where the Miami Dolphins had some of their finest seasons. I thought maybe it'd be a nice homage to the history of the site they built their new ballpark on. Maybe choosing to pay homage to an old demolished stadium and it's past through uniforms in that way is very rare, if it's ever been done, but that was a factor.

However, that whole point may be irrelevant because the Miami Hurricanes also played there, but that's why I chose orange/aqua, and the fact the colors work very nice together.

Thank you guys for all the criticism and constructive reasoning. I appreciate it guys.

I get it, I actually don't mind their uniforms and colors now. I think they make a bold choice and statement. I just feel they went a little over board and what this thread is showing what it would look like if they cleaned it up a little. And that they should keep teal, they won two world series with it, why abandon it? All in all, im fine with both the current design and this users concept. And you make a strong argument for why they chose what they have now

2j2jiwp.png

Maybe it's just my monitor, but that I'm not reading that as orange, more like salmon. The colour combination your using reminds me of packaging for Kool-Aid, fruit-punch flavour--and this is a good thing! Very tropical colour scheme to me. Very solid concept overall.

rATMcmK.png

Archived