MLB Cap Concepts

GFB

Didn't want to continue to derail the thread in the main section, but this was my initial concept I mocked up in a few minutes:

IndiansCapLogo.png

Anyway, I made a few quick updates to the design when I had a chance and so I thought I'd post it up here for you all to see. It's not where I want it yet, so please be gentle.

IndiansCapLogo2.png

IndiansCap_2.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like it. Its crisp clean and the colors are great. I dont undestand what the white line is going I is. If you lose that and keep the white of the feather. Or maybe at a white boarder. But in general awesome design

2j2jiwp.png

I like the added white on the feather quite a bit. Not sure about the white vertical pattern inside the "I" though. A little too clever for me. Did you just consider a simple white fill in the "I" space with a navy stroke to sperate it from the red? Sometimes the easiest solution is best.

Leave the white on the tips of the feather only. The great thing about the I not having any distinguishing factors such as that white design is the simple hidden aspect. It's there but doesn't hit you over the head with it's obviousness, which is perfect. And no white outlines. The simple red on navy is part of the classicness of the Indians cap. So basically ditch the white thing in the I and you're golden.

I love the C, and I think it looks great with or without the bevel. I think the white on the feathers without the bevel is my favorite though.

One suggestion that I tried out myself and thought looked really good (didn't want to jack your concept so I won't post it without your permission), was to fill in the "I" completely in white while still leaving the navy outline within the C (basically make the edge of your beveling the edge of the white "I"). Loses some of the negative space aspect, but I thought it was still a strong image.

Update sans the native pattern:

IndiansCap4.png

That's a gorgeous cap, GFB. The native pattern was nice, but I think it's too small of detail to have on the cap. It stood out a bit too much compared to the rest of the logo. This looks much nicer.

Not sure I'm digging the Astros cap. I like the idea of the rainbow guts striping, but I just think the logo's lacking. There's almost an "A"-shape in the middle of the star's negative space. I think that might be a better route to marry the star and the letter. You could even make that into an "H", as cap logos generally use the city initial rather than the team name.

Archived