PAC 12 Concepts

bigmike

Alright Next Up in my NCAA football concept series is the Pac-12. I've only completed half of the conference so far, however, I've come to realize that the Pac-12 is full of some really great football uniforms. This is the second part of my NCAA football series, if you missed my first part (the SEC) you can check it out in the link below.

SEC Football Concepts

I started out with the South Division for the Pac-12, check out the concepts for each team in the next few post.

ALL PAC-12 TEAMS COMPLETE

Pac12ConceptHelmets.png

SOUTH: See Post #1

NORTH: See Post #20

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARIZONA WILDCATS

The Wildcats already have a pretty strong identity, but it could be even stronger with a few tweaks. I'm a big fan of their gradiant/fade stripes, so I added them to the shoulders. The jersey features this Arizona wordmark above the numbers, and a matching font for the NOB. Their are three different helmet, jersey, and pant options, the blue and red helmets now feature the fade stripes and white facemask. One of the most unique parts of the concept is a sublimated Arizona flag pattern used on the sleeves.

Home and Away Uniforms

ArizonaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

ArizonaAlternateUniforms.png

ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS

Arizona State is another team with a great identity. I would think of this set as more of an update from their current set then a tweak. The spear logo is featured throughout the entire uniform and is used as a helmet stripe, shoulder stripe, and pants stripe. I kept black only as a trim color, and the new alternate uniform is now golden yellow. The NOB font now matches their wordmark and once again their are three different options for helmets, jerseys, and pants. Like Arizona, the Sun Devils also get the sublimated flag pattern, however it is featured on the back of the jerseys.

Home and Away Uniforms

ArizonaStateHomeampAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

ArizonaStateAlternateUniforms.png

COLORADO BUFFALOES

Colorado was easy for me, I love the Kordell Stewart styled uniforms. The only changes I made was using the slanted font from their last Nike set. I added an outline to the logo, I just think it looks better like that. I created a alternate uniform set for Colorado, it is a "Buffalo" themed uniform featuring the bull horns on the helmet and Buffaloes across the chest, it also features the CU from the bull logo on the sleeves. The alternate uniform is somewhat inspired by this throwback uniform.

Home and Away Uniforms

ColoradoUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

ColoradoAlternateUniforms.png

UTAH UTES

This is probably the most creative concept out of the bunch, I've had this idea in my head for awhile and I even made sketches of the uniform in my history class. It is really fun to bring something to life on the computer after sketching it out and things like that. I simplified the logo a tiny bit and based the whole uniform's design off of it. The sleeve stripes are made to match the logo and the sleeves feature the block U. The feathers on the pants are larger to create a unique pants stripe. Since Utah has been big on blackouts, I created a blackout uniform for them with a black helmet.

Home and Away Uniforms

UtahHomeampAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

UtahAlternateUniforms-1.png

UCLA BRUINS

My UCLA concept is inspired by these beautys. I played around with the Away uniforms which started out just all Navy and Gold but after playing around with it, I used powder blue on the Away uniforms with a navy drop shadow. I created some shoulder loop like stripes since the tapered stripes on the current UCLA uniforms are terrible. The helmet logo is updated as well.

Home and Away Uniforms

UCLAHomeampAwayUniforms2.png

USC TROJANS

My USC concept is basically unchanged from my last series. I used a striping pattern to match the Trojan mascot's sleeve stripes. I added a yellow facemask to the helmet because I think it would work great with the rest of the uniform. I tried out a Pro Combat Uniform that matched their Trojan mascot, however it has not been well received so I took it out of the set, if you want to see it, you can check it out here.

Home and Away Uniforms

USCHomeampAwayUniforms.png

Alright so there is the PAC-12's South division, I have already completed Oregon, and I'll begin work on the rest of the North division soon!

Change the navy on UCLA's away uniform to powder blue and that set would be perfect.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I agree, I should have played around with the concept so more before I settled on it. The updated version features powder blue stripes, numbers, and a navy drop shadow on the numbers. I think it matches the helmet much better now as well!

I agree, I should have played around with the concept so more before I settled on it. The updated version features powder blue stripes, numbers, and a navy drop shadow on the numbers. I think it matches the helmet much better now as well!

Huge improvement.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Love all the jerseys!

My suggestion:

ASU: Put the Sun Devil back on the helmet, just because it's so iconic. At least on an alternate. Love the pitchforks on the pants, slightly torn on the shoulders. Not a fan of them on the helmet.

CU: As a Buffs fan, I really like how you brought the modern numbers back while keeping the jersey classic. Love the throwback style alternate.

USC: Not a huge fan of the yellow face mask for USC.

U of A: The stripes are genius!

It looks like the start of another awesome set of concepts, bigmike! I like them all except for USC's alternate. I don't think that the shiny gold would go with the yellow at all, but like I said, everything else is spot on. I'm excited to see your take on Oregon.

spacer.png

UPDATE: Oregon Sneak Preview Removed since full set has now been updated and posted.

I'm glad most of the concepts have been well recieved, I may give an updae to ASU with the Sun Devil head on the side of the helmet, because thats actually an idea I had when I started the concept, I may go back to a modification of their current shoulder stripes as well. As for USC's alternate uniform, the yellow and gold are supposed to me mismatched because thats what the Trojan mascot looks like. The shiny gold part of the jersey is supposed to reflect the chest plate, I may just scrap the alternate, but I thought it was a cool idea for an alternate.

Would really like to hear some more feedback especially once I post the North!

bumping this with a sneak peek for Oregon

DucksHelmets.png

I'm glad most of the concepts have been well recieved, I may give an updae to ASU with the Sun Devil head on the side of the helmet, because thats actually an idea I had when I started the concept, I may go back to a modification of their current shoulder stripes as well. As for USC's alternate uniform, the yellow and gold are supposed to me mismatched because thats what the Trojan mascot looks like. The shiny gold part of the jersey is supposed to reflect the chest plate, I may just scrap the alternate, but I thought it was a cool idea for an alternate.

Would really like to hear some more feedback especially once I post the North!

Just by using colored wings on the helmets they are already better than what Oregon is wearing this year.

spacer.png

Things I don't like:

Arizona - Red pants and Red helmet

Arizona State - Gold Jersey

Colorado - nothing wrong

Utah - White sleeves, I'd prefer them filled in matching the jersey color.

UCLA - nothing wrong

USC - Pro Combat jersey

Everything else looks great. Can't wait to see what's in store for the north.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Alright I have finally completed the Pac-12, so here is the North division.

CALIFORNIA (CAL) GOLDEN BEARS

I was a big fan of Cal's uniforms when they came out, however, they are a little too over the top and the jersey is on an older nike template. So I decided to update the look and move it to the Pro Combat template. The helmet stays the same except the Paw print is moved from the back of the helmet stripe to the side of the helmet, I also decided to add the numbers inside the helmet since the jerseys feature no tv numbers. The number font is updated as well. The pants are also very similar to their current pants.

Home and Away Uniforms

CalHomeampAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

CalAlternateUniforms.png

OREGON DUCKS

Okay here is the set everyone is waiting for. To be honest, I love Oregon's new uniforms, the jersey template, the helmets, even the two-toned facemask! I completely reworked the wings on the helmet from my sneak peek, it looks lightyears ahead of my first draft. The helmets are similar to the current ones, they feature a chrome base with a reflective wing pattern. The only helmet that doesn't follow this pattern is the Chrome/Green helmet, the pattern is reversed on it. The jerseys follow the same basic template but the whole set is supposed to use their school colors much more then their current set. The pants also feature the 'O' logo on the hips, all the pants and helmets could be interchangeable but the sets I show are my favorite combos.

Home and Away Uniforms

OregonHomeampAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

OregonAlternateUniforms.png

Blackout and Whiteout Uniforms

OregonBlackampChromeUniforms.png

Archived