PAC 12 Concepts

bigmike

OREGON STATE BEAVERS

Oregon State is a team that I have also tried using a custom modern design for, however their classy plain look has grown on me. I decided to just give their set some tweaks and updates, the cuff striping is moved up to the sleeves to be more noticible. The NOB font now matches their wordmark and the OS logo is featured on the helmets, as you can see I used a different beaver logo and it is featured on the hips of the pants.

Home and Away Uniforms

OregonStateBeaversUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

OregonStateBeaversAlternateUniforms.png

STANDFORD CARDINAL

Standford has a nice classic look, I decided to update it a bit though, first of all I completely removed black from this set. Second of all I used the S/tree logo instead of the plain block S. The new logo is featured on the Helmet, collar, and hip. The pants stripe matches the helmet stripe now, and the number font is blockier to match the logo. Another unique feature is that the tree logo is actually sublimated on the back of the jersey under the jersey numbers.

Home and Away Uniforms

StandfordUniforms.png

WASHINGTON HUSKIES

Washington has decent uniforms, but they are stuck in this awkward stage between modern and classic. So I did my best to combine the two. The jerseys now feature sleeve stripes and the stripes have a combined piping that surrounds the sleeves. The husky logo is featured on the collar, and one of the biggest changes is going back to the custom huskies font that they use. I also eliminated black from this set, the new alternate jersey is gold.

Home and Away Uniforms

WashingtonUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

WashingtonAlternateUniforms.png

WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS

I like Washington State's current uniforms, so all I did was tweak it, I used a slightly different striping pattern on the jersey and the pants are made to match it. The fonts stay the same and I only used two helmets. I don't really see the point in a gray uniform but if people ask for it I may add it to the set.

Home and Away Uniforms

WashingtonStateUniforms.png

I'm not sure anyone has noticed this but the entire Pac-12 North is made up of Nike teams! In fact Utah and UCLA are the only two non-Nike teams in the conference. Anyways, thats it for the Pac-12, let me know what you think!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12/12 :notworthy:

I think you nailed it here. I honestly have no complaints about anything in this series and some of this stuff (the Cal number-paws, the single-color Stanford S-tree) is just danged clever!

Great job on all of these, this and the SEC thread are probably the best college concepts I've seen here. One of my favorites is the all white Washington set with the white helmet, simple but elegant. Big Ten next? :)

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Love the work you've done here. My one complaint with Arizona State is the number of pitchforks on each uni combo...helmet plus jersey shoulders plus pant makes 5 pitchforks on the uni, which is too many for me.

Nice work with all the other schools...you did a great job with the Pac12.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Things I don't like:

Arizona - Red pants and Red helmet

Arizona State - Gold Jersey

Colorado - nothing wrong

Utah - White sleeves, I'd prefer them filled in matching the jersey color.

UCLA - nothing wrong

USC - Pro Combat jersey

Everything else looks great. Can't wait to see what's in store for the north.

North is flawless.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Big East?

Btw this is a great series you got here

Big East now, 2013, 2014, or 2015? That conference is changing so much it is kinda hard to keep track. Heck it was announced today that Louisville is going to the ACC.

spacer.png

This is wonderful work.

I agree there are just too many pitchforks on the ASU uniform. I like the idea of it as a helmet stripe and on the pants, so maybe lose it on the shoulders.

I like the Arizona look a lot, and love the sublimated flag idea. My one tweak would be to replace the wordmark on the front with just the block A logo at the collar. And I'm not a fan of the "red-out" look, though with your version featuring a helmet stripe and white facemask it's certainly not as bad as what they put on the field last week.

As is the case with your SEC work, this is very nice!

You like to provide plenty of alternates for all the teams...if I were the king of the world most teams wouldn't need a crazy amount of alts. For instance, Arizona looks awesome with their white helmet, I don't think the red or blue add anything.

Arizona: Very nice. Not overdone, but constant elements. Their font is nice. Not sure the sublimation is needed. Although something is occurring to me, I might have to make a picture later...

Arizona State: Maybe a bit much, tridents everywhere. I would like Sparky on helmets, personally. Not sure the sublimation is needed.

Colorado: Yes, please. Not really a fan of gold jerseys, though.

Utah: Alright, not exactly the most exciting identity to work with, but I think the sleeve border works.

UCLA: Nice. It'd be nice to eliminate navy entirely, but not sure it's possible with the contrast issues between powder blue/white/gold.

USC: Cool. No grey facemask, yay! I wonder if the pattern could maybe be a little more subtle.

Cal: Alright. To me it's like Utah...not a terribly exciting identity to work with.

Oregon: I prefer the school colors and the old helmet. The iridescent look is sweet, here is how I would do it: shameless plug

Oregon State: Cool.

Stanford: Great, but I wonder what a double outline would look like on the numbers (to match the sweet logo).

Washington: Fine, not really a fan of gold jerseys, though.

Washington State: Very nice. I like the simplification, and the striping pattern.

All in all, very nice! I think we have pretty similar taste, good job!

I'm a huge fan of alternate options as long as its not overkill and fits with the team, even though I love Alabama's look I wouldn't mind seeing a one game alternate or even white helmets worn every now and than.

I have tried out a couple updated options for Arizona State, I'm still working on a new helmet option for them so ill have that posted soon, I may go ahead and post some more combos for Oregon just so we can see what they would look like. I also thought about giving a USC a new alternate option so that may come in the update as well.

ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS V.2

Okay so here is a long awaited update to Arizona State, The uniform set is completely updated by removing tridents from shoulders. At first I was going to update the shoulder tridents to their current jersey stripes but I decided just to remove them completely. I also have a new helmet option to show, it features Sparky's head on the side of the helmet. I didn't wanna use full body Sparky because he has a trident so I just went with his head, if I switch to this option I'd probably remove the alternate helmets and just go with gold, let me know if you like the new helmet or the old one better.

Home and Away Uniforms

ArizonaStateHomeAwayUniforms2.png

Alternate Uniforms

ArizonaStateAlternateUniforms2.png

New Gold Helmet Option

Archived