Former uniforms/logos that would look just as good now.

kajeet

I got this idea when seeing how the Astros going back to their old cap logo, but what old uniforms/logos(of any sport) from the past do you think that if they were to be brought back currently, that they wouldn't look out of place or outdated and would need little to no tweaks.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are going to get absolutely everybody posting 25 photos of their favorite looks of the past and every jersey ever used as a throwback, including a whole bunch of selections that most people would go "uh, no. you're wrong" but won't bother to argue about (I'm thinking it'll be the Islanders fisherman, but I could be surprised).

Good luck.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The Rangers' Lady Liberty jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Many of the NHL logos have stood the test of time really well, so I'm going to say that the Atlanta Flames, Colorado Rockies, Minnesota North Stars and of course the Hartford Whalers would still look great today.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Many of the NHL logos have stood the test of time really well, so I'm going to say that the Atlanta Flames, Colorado Rockies, Minnesota North Stars and of course the Hartford Whalers would still look great today.

I noticed that too how out of the four major American leagues, that NHL teams have had the least major logo changes.

Is that Baylor?

Oregon... Baylor wouldn't be playing in the Rose Bowl.

Not in that day, but it is possible nowadays

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The Rangers' Lady Liberty jerseys.

Those were absolutely gorgeous

There's no way they'd be able to replace their standard jerseys but I wish they'd Edge-ify those and bring them back as alternates.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

221027.jpg

(that color scheme needs to return in general, and that would be a perfect alt)

sAEpc.jpg

(the wild seem to be trying to find the perfect look, but it's right here)

dzwKz.jpg

(you might call this too cartoonish, but they are the orlando magic. the stars are are perfect for them and these were a great update from the shaq look)

vA6TM.jpg

(it seems like they will bring this look back soon, but until then their current jerseys might have the worst piping and pit stains in pro sports)

!B9cn+ZQ!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKkUEzJ0iNWzeBM5zbtcHS!~~_3.JPG

(such an amazing cursive logo, they had a pinstriped version too: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/u5jdvnye6kb1khflcqr6te27f/Pittsburgh_Pirates/2000/Road_Uniform)

sKuE1.jpg

(this is the best look for the sens, and I think this edition with white only on the numbers is the best of all)

This has the potential to become "old uniforms I like" so I'll keep my contributions to old uniforms that I think could be designed today. As much as I love the Chargers' powder blue throwbacks, there's no way that uniform would be designed today. So already lot of classic looks are out. I'll post more as I think of them, but this was the first one to come to mind.

CarolinaHurricanes.jpg

This has the potential to become "old uniforms I like" so I'll keep my contributions to old uniforms that I think could be designed today

I purposefully didn't pick anything that's associated with one decade. The closest one on my list is te Magic jerseys, but they have a similar (but inferior) look now.

I'll add commentary if that makes it better.

Archived