Former uniforms/logos that would look just as good now.

kajeet

221027.jpg

(that color scheme needs to return in general, and that would be a perfect alt

I agree, Pittsburgh teams should all have athletic gold. The diagonal Pittsburgh would make a great alternate to the skating penguin.

dzwKz.jpg

(you might call this too cartoonish, but they are the orlando magic. the stars are are perfect for them and these were a great update from the shaq look)

I have to disagree with you here, one of the worst sets in NBA history. Orlando has looked its best with their current look and the Shaq years.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dzwKz.jpg

(you might call this too cartoonish, but they are the orlando magic. the stars are are perfect for them and these were a great update from the shaq look)

I have to disagree with you here, one of the worst sets in NBA history. Orlando has looked its best with their current look and the Shaq years.

Yeah, that Magic jersey looks to dated to be used now.

dzwKz.jpg

Yeah, that Magic jersey looks to dated to be used now.

well if you liked that uniform then, i guess you always will. i dont think anything about it is a good design, sans the number font but even that dosent do it for me personally. that uniform is anything but timeless.

2011-08-19_092349_Chargers_throwbacks.jpg

Chargers uni wouldnt be designed today, but i dont think thats the point. it still works. i think their current lightning bolt on helmet is a tad thicker, which is better, and the pants bolt is shotty work, but this is very close to being a great timeless uniform. the numbers on helmet and grey mask really put it in the 60s, so if there was a big issue with that, just change it (remove numbers, add blue/white mask).

phil_simms_1989_12_16.jpg

i hate this uniform. but it is a solid design. match the blues and its as good as the Chiefs. the biggest thing that bothers me is the wide wordmark on the helmet, so if there were a major change that needed to be done its putting the monogram on there. or. . .

Product-26411.jpg

. . . thats just a beautiful mark.

aaa-76148.jpg

about the same as the Giants. not my aesthetic preference, but its a timeless design that works on a modern uniform template.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

kevin.durant.jpg

Even though Durant's doing that to the Utah Jazz, I wholeheartedly agree. :P

Others off the top of my head:

1990s Buffalo Bills. Neck-roll aside, it would fit into new Nike template just as well as the Bills' current look.

Houston/Tennesee Oilers. Would also fit into Nike template well, if executed right.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

This has been better than anything they've come up with since.

padresbest.jpg

Although that's the current cap design, I couldn't agree more.

The Padres are one of those rare teams that got it completely right out of the box and have been flailing around trying to get back there ever since.

I still think the Road jersey for the Cubs needs to follow along the lines of the 1990 set, but would need a tweak because I'm not 100% sold on the different number colors on front and back. But I really like the CHICAGO better on this style than the current jersey set.

Chicago-Cubs-Authentic-1990-Ryne-Sandberg-Road-Jersey-by-Mitchell--26-Ness-8950-19280.jpg

I like how the Lions have (correctly) used black - it's not over done and adds to the look of the uniform.

But the Barry-era Lions had a beautiful simplicity to their look.

bsandrs.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This has been better than anything they've come up with since.

padresbest.jpg

Although that's the current cap design, I couldn't agree more.

The Padres are one of those rare teams that got it completely right out of the box and have been flailing around trying to get back there ever since.

I agree. That's a nice jersey and cap. The Padres have had some disasters since this uniform.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived