Former uniforms/logos that would look just as good now.

kajeet

Bringing this thread back because the Suns are bringing back the Barkley era uniforms as throwbacks and people are saying they should bring them back full time. And I'm not sure if these would look just as good as they did back then. Does anybody else feel this way?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2012 at 10:53 PM, kajeet said:

Bringing this thread back because the Suns are bringing back the Barkley era uniforms as throwbacks and people are saying they should bring them back full time. And I'm not sure if these would look just as good as they did back then. Does anybody else feel this way?

I am of the unpopular opinion that these uniforms stink. They are very "90s". The streaking sun/ball and the drop shadow never worked for me. I did not like 'em then and I don't now.

---

I think these uniforms would work today (though most feel that this color scheme requires added black)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

phil_simms_1989_12_16.jpg

Is it just me or is there a lot of space between the 1's on Simm's # 11? I used to often notice this on old football jerseys with numbers in the teens.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

phil_simms_1989_12_16.jpg

Is it just me or is there a lot of space between the 1's on Simm's # 11? I used to often notice this on old football jerseys with numbers in the teens.

I think this uniform would only work now if they used the helmet color they have now and their current jerseys.

One reason I like it is because Boise State has one of the few color combos that can pull off that template and drop shadowed numbers which, IMHO, looks better on them than those "other" Broncos. I also like it when college teams stick with the looks they had when they "came of age."

The current uniforms are just too much.

kevin.durant.jpg

The last SuperSonics uniforms with the late 70s-early 90s logo would be great.

cxe7hh6lwjtpdhcoyiuc064sp.gif

I love that logo. I think a new wordmark would make it perfect, or maybe if they did an new take/update similar to the warriors. I hope Seattle sees a return of the Sonics.

VERY quick concept

untitled.JPG

6872.gif I think the 49ers should put this on thier gold helmets instead of the SF logo. I know I'm gonna catch alot of heat from some football traditionalists but this was the 49ers very first logo and it would be a great visual homage to Northern California history.

The NFL would never let a logo with a gun in it be used.

Especially considering the proximity to its legs, they would start having flashbacks.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Especially considering the proximity to its legs, they would start having flashbacks.

Nah, just Plaxico.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived