Former uniforms/logos that would look just as good now.

kajeet

The NFL would never let a logo with a gun in it be used.

Especially considering the proximity to its legs, they would start having flashbacks.

The NHL, on the other hand, would welcome a logo symbolizing shooting oneself in the foot.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL would never let a logo with a gun in it be used.

Especially considering the proximity to its legs, they would start having flashbacks.

The NHL, on the other hand, would welcome a logo symbolizing shooting oneself in the foot.

Mmm, that's good satire.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Eagles- Late 80s-Early 90s

A full bodied eagle logo, An actual shade of green, Silver pants, and ditching our weird number font.. Yes please.

randall_cunningham_1992_10_18.jpg

Phillies- Maroon, White, and maybe some Powder Blue

Such a great little used color scheme, big upgrade from red white and blue.

2255.gif

On 12/18/2012 at 6:44 PM, Bay Area Sports Guy said:

Β I think the 49ers should put this on thier gold helmets instead of the SF logo. I know I'm gonna catch alot of heat from some football traditionalists but this was the 49ers very first logo and it would be a great visual homage to Northern California history.

Β 

This would not bug me as a "traditionalist". It would bug me as someone that cannot stand logos like this on helmets. It is my opinion that helmet logos should be simple. This (with or without guns; that not this issue) would immediately become the worst helmet in the NFL. From afar it would look like a blob.

I am sort of in the unpopular opinion crowd on this though. I hated Sparky on the ASU helmet. I prefer a "KU" to a Jayhawk on the Kansas helmet. And I think that Fresno State has perhaps the worst helmet in college football (for similar reason that this would suck; too much detail to capture on TV or from the stands).

But I am with you on the creamsicle Bucs (though Bucco Bruce may not make it for similar reasons to the above...but the color scheme is tremendous).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

Β 

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

11675440-large.jpg2015318_display_image.jpg?128811016589751210_display_image.jpg?1336066714TonyGalbreath_display_image.jpg?1297953713

1. Cleveland Browns always looked cool with orange pants with both their seal brown and white uniforms (1975-1983).

2. I love the Redskin's old logo and the 2002 look they had was awesome. I do not want the Native American head back on the helmets.

3. The Rams has the coolest colors. See how it fleshes well with Buffalo Bills 1974-1983 uniforms?

4. I actually like the Saint's old logo and their 1976-1985 uniforms.

6872.gif I think the 49ers should put this on thier gold helmets instead of the SF logo. I know I'm gonna catch alot of heat from some football traditionalists but this was the 49ers very first logo and it would be a great visual homage to Northern California history.

This would not bug me as a "traditionalist". It would bug me as someone that cannot stand logos like this on helmets. It is my opinion that helmet logos should be simple. This (with or without guns; that not this issue) would immediately become the worst helmet in the NFL. From afar it would look like a blob.

I am sort of in the unpopular opinion crowd on this though. I hated Sparky on the ASU helmet. I prefer a "KU" to a Jayhawk on the Kansas helmet. And I think that Fresno State has perhaps the worst helmet in college football (for similar reason that this would suck; too much detail to capture on TV or from the stands).

But I am with you on the creamsicle Bucs (though Bucco Bruce may not make it for similar reasons to the above...but the color scheme is tremendous).

I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. I LOVE cartoon sports logos if they are done right. For example, I was not a fan of the Baltimore Orioles switching to that cartoon bird. But for Arizona State to change to black helmets and uniforms is so pretentious and inappropriate. Their school colors are maroon and gold. Always has been and always will be. And to take Sparky off their helmets and replace it with that ugly pitchfork design is an injustice. That's like taking the iconic Michigan Wolverine decal off and slapping a giant wolverine paw on the side of the helmet.

Let's go back to much more eye-pleasing times in the desert shall we:

Arizona+State+v+California+QSjKAytn9rcl.jpg

999.gif44tpmtu2blwztd0hoowh9hdee.gif1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.gif179.gifh1wtplsqu22t4jwu5kmnyuefv.gif6xk2lpc36146pbg2kydf13e50.gif

581.gif9zt534ipbfprlfs2vsqfugw41.giffh73oczerrqvptlk706emifth.gif0odchprdwek1rdwyfffgrbq51.gifhinooehlb07wrotq26b2pvpey.gifquatt6iqgd7dc8dhkdug.gif

The first logo inspired me to pull out this simplistic but timeless football uni with a great color scheme. Of course the old Houston Oilers became the Tennesse Titans but I think the Titans could pull off this look even if they choose to keep their present logo. (If I were them, I would modify it.) I love how the vertical stripes of the pants end at the horzontal stripes of the socks right below the knee.

Earl Campbell is still standing.

i0007317.jpg

The helmet:

2122.jpg

999.gif44tpmtu2blwztd0hoowh9hdee.gif1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.gif179.gifh1wtplsqu22t4jwu5kmnyuefv.gif6xk2lpc36146pbg2kydf13e50.gif

Another uniform that would look good today:

1782506_display_image.jpg?1305778548

I really like the Rams' sleeve horn set, and I like the road whites even more than the home blues.

Their home blues match up well when they playing the Buffalo Bills (1975-1983 look), Oakland Raiders, and sometimes the Chicago Bears.

89751210_display_image.jpg?1336066714ken_stabler_1977_12_04.jpgtumblr_mc7uzqMa2h1qzbwkjo1_1280.jpg

The whites looked good against the Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, and other teams like the New York Giants.

533252.jpg Ignore the grey facemask.

353886_display_image.jpg?1326021301

gal-taylor15sub-jpg.jpg

Archived