MLB Uni Changes you'd like to see

wdm1219inpenna

I'm liking how some teams are going "retro" without going overboard. Baltimore and Toronto did a superb job in 2012, and it appears the Houston Astros in 2013 are looking great too, without having to get too "crazy".

Now that the Astros are in the A.L., I don't mind the current Diamondbacks color scheme so much. It sucked before when Houston was in the NL and their color scheme seemed to resemble Arizona's. I do however think the "D-Backs" wordmark on the home uniform is rather silly looking, though I realize having such a long nickname makes it difficult to fit the entire name on there. I wish they would have thought of that when they named the team. The Rays got it right!

AL East:

I'd love to see Boston wear the red crowned caps with the navy "B" and navy bill like they wore circa 1974 and 1975.

AL Central:

I'd like to see Cleveland go back to the 1995 look. I'm not into the very plain font used on their caps or uniforms that they use sometime.

AL West:

I wish the Angels had the navy crown for the cap instead of the all red look. I dislike that the Rangers home uniforms say "TEXAS". It should say "RANGERS", especially now that they will have another division rival from the same state.

NL East:

It's unfortunate the Miami Marlins went to the current color scheme. Way too many colors. The font is fine, but would be nice if they kept the aqua/teal look, and kept the aqua/teal crown for the home caps. Also, like Texas in the A.L., I wish their white home uniforms said "Marlins" instead of "MIAMI".

The Washington Nationals I'd like to see have navy blue caps for both home and road. The red caps and white W makes them look too much like the Phillies.

NL Central:

I'd like the Reds to have a retro look, during the Big Red Machine era, but not be a double-knit uniform.

The Brewers I wish had more of a purplish/blue like they had in the 70s and 80s, but keep the current uniform logo and wordmark. And I'd like for the road uniforms to say "Milwaukee".

I'd like to see the Pirates wear gold crowned caps at home. Get tired of them wearing black hats constantly with the gold P. I'd love to see the gold helmet with the black P sometime.

NL West:

Much as many may hate the brown/gold color scheme of the Padres, I'd like to see them go back to that. Their current uniform set is rather bland, and seems to resemble Milwaukee's too much.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AL West:

-As I've said before, the Mariners need to bring back the teal-billed cap at home full-time (as well as the matching helmet), and it would be nice to see the teal-crowned alt cap from the 90s return. Also, need to add piping to road alt, remove front numbers, and switch to regular block number font for the sake of consistency

-Angels would look much better with a navy crown/red bill cap

-Rangers need to drop the black drop shadow that renders their NOBs illegible

AL Central:

-Indians need to go back to their 90s look at home only. I like the current road look.

-Twins need to ditch the Metrodomey white home unis and make the cream colored alts the primaries

AL East (best-dressed division in baseball IMO):

-Red Sox need to put the piping back on the red alts for the sake of consistency

NL West:

-Padres need to go back to brown and gold or at the very least bring back the sand color.

-Giants need to drop the now-ruined "SAN FRANCISCO" road unis

-Rockies need to ditch the black faux-vest and replace it with a regular black jersey with "ROCKIES" script

-D-backs need to create a new primary home uni with "A" logo on left chest

NL Central:

-Brewers need to put "MILWAUKEE" on road unis

-Cards need to drop navy road cap

-Pirates need to ditch pointless white outline on alt jersey and cap, and possibly bring in a yellow-crowned alt cap

-Reds need to drop the black-billed road cap

NL East:

-Marlins need to make orange cap the default home cap (with orange socks and sleeves to match of course)

-Braves need to drop all-navy road cap

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Much as many may hate the brown/gold color scheme of the Padres, I'd like to see them go back to that. Their current uniform set is rather bland, and seems to resemble Milwaukee's too much.

I agree. The Padres 1969 uniforms were their best in my opinion, but I'd replace the San Diego on the road jersey with an interlocking SD.

http://exhibits.base...if&Entryid=1146

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RUwRq14zL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'd like to see my favorite team, the NY Mets, go back to their mid 70's uniforms.

http://metspolice.co...ets-uniform.jpg

http://exhibits.base...if&Entryid=1286

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I'd like to see the Angels go back to a uniform resembling those of the 70's and 80's (sans the doubleknit pullover jersey).

http://exhibits.base...if&Entryid=1605

http://www.gottahave.../014438_lg.jpeg

I miss the Phillies P logo on the jerseys.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/282/170/290426_display_image.jpg?1278062115

http://myaimistruth.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/2255.gif

I'm obviously a fan of 70s and 80s baseball.

The Brewers I wish had more of a purplish/blue like they had in the 70s and 80s,

:blink:

You mean royal blue?

Personally, I'd like the Brewers to keep their color scheme, burn the rest of their look to the ground, and start again.

So no little bit of green? (Personally, I'd like to see a refreshed spin of the Motre Bameness—which behind the most recent Tampa Bay Devil Rays look is/was probably my second-favorite identity in baseball.)

To the point of the thread...can someone remind the Atlanta Braves what vertically-arched NOBs are? Oh and tell them to kill the all-navy cap all-navy alt jerseys while they're at it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Brewers I wish had more of a purplish/blue like they had in the 70s and 80s,

You mean royal blue?

Personally, I'd like the Brewers to keep their color scheme, burn the rest of their look to the ground, and start again.

I'd like to see the Brewers bring back the "mb ball in glove" logo

http://logodatabases...go-1024x768.jpg

You mean royal blue?

You and just about everybody in Wisconsin.

And no, Buc, no green. I loved that uniform something fierce, and they've never had a better set of wordmarks, but the color scheme was way too muddy. Navy blue and metallic gold are :censored: ing gorgeous in the sunshine, and I don't want anything else.

I can get on board with a greenless Motre Bame set.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You mean royal blue?

And no, Buc, no green. I loved that uniform something fierce, and they've never had a better set of wordmarks, but the color scheme was way too muddy. Navy blue and metallic gold are :censored: ing gorgeous in the sunshine, and I don't want anything else.

I wonder if the ball in glove logo would work with the current color scheme?

AL

Baltimore- I never liked the cartoon bird.

Boston- Go back to the 1990-2008 road look.

Chicago- Use the diamond sock alternate logo as the sleeve logo on all three jerseys.

Cleveland- Ditch Wahoo, embrace the old school look.

Detroit- Lose the orange on the road.

Los Angeles/Anaheim- Lose one of the sleeve patches, preferably the roundel.

Minnesota- Embrace the vintage look full time now that they're back outside. Burn everything with the M logo.

Oakland- Ditch the unnecessary road cap.

Tampa Bay- At the very least stick "TAMPA BAY" on the roads.

Texas- Lose the black, put "RANGERS" back on the homes.

Toronto- Drop the navy outline from the "TORONTO" wordmark on the roads.

NL

Arizona- The "D-BACKS" wordmark is awful. Use either the diamond A or the snake D on the chest.

Atlanta- Drop all alternate jerseys and alternate caps.

Cincinnati- Drop the black.

Colorado- Blow it all up, start from scratch.

Miami- Ditch the number font, go with one that matches the font used for the wordmarks.

Milwaukee- I rather like the first set they had, with the royal blue, athletic gold, and the block M. The Motre Bame set was great too once they simplified it. Though if they went back to it they'd need to use their fantastic but rarely seen alternate logo from that period as the primary/sleeve logo. Anything but the ball in glove.

New York- Burn every piece of black gear.

Philadelphia- I like the straight up maroon and white look they had during the late 80s/early 90s. The set that used standard grey on the road, not powder blue.

Pittsburgh- Drop the white outlines on the alternate look.

San Diego- Go back to brown and gold, look to their first set for inspiration.

San Francisco- Commit to the SF monogrammed road look or go back to the 2000-2010 road look.

St. Louis- Burn all incoming alternate gear.

You mean royal blue?

I wonder if the ball in glove logo would work with the current color scheme?

I've been saying that for a long time. The current set is great. Sure it's not perfect, but how much more can you have an identity that looks like a brewing company? You can't. The Motre Bame set was garbage, and not just because we were terrible at the time. Recolor the ball in glove logo, along with barrel man, and put those as sleeve patches, maybe even the BiG as an alt cap logo. And of course Milwaukee on the road greys.

My list of wishes is thankfully very short.

Oakland: Ditch the all-green road cap and lighten the shade of green they do have.

Tampa Bay: Add the city name on the roads. Maybe add another color that ISN'T BLUE.

Arizona: Somehow blend the new design/fonts with the old copper/teal/purple color scheme. I may be in the minority on this, but Arizona had a distinct identity with those colors.

Miami: Get a normal number font.

San Francisco: Make up your mind on what road unis to use. I personally like the '80s influenced roads.

San Diego: Add a second color. Just navy and white doesn't work for them. Maybe try brown/gold again?

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Rays: Keep the logos and jersey's and just switch back to the Devil Ray color scheme

Indians: Go old school C style on all jerseys

Rangers: No black

Astros: Add yellow

Braves: No more all blue caps

Marlins: Return to Teal and Black

Mets: Say bye to black

Brewers: Switch back to the ball in the glove logo, colors and all

Padres: Brown and orange color scheme must come back!

Good place to dive in. My changes:

Giants-Black hats w/black bills only. Get rid of the piping on roads. Go back to the black jerseys w/ black numbers trimmed in orange as your only alternate.

Dodgers-Change numbers on front of jersey from red to blue.

Diamondbacks-"Arizona" on the black road alts.

Cubs-Blue caps with red bill full time.

Cardinals-Wear red hats on Sunday afternoons (pick another time like Friday nights to wear the "bird on bat" alts). Also, wear bird on bat hats on road so the navy road hats aren't worn more than the regular home reds.

Reds-Bring back the black cap w/red bill and wear it only occasionally.

Braves-Wear the road hat only with the road alts (regular hat all other times). Wear alternate blue road unis for night games, and only once a week. Wear the cream throwbacks much less often.

Marlins-"Marlins" on the home whites.

Phillies-Red caps only. Make the regular homes and regular roads your only jerseys.

Rangers-Either pick red or blue (I suggest blue) as your primary, predominant color and stick with it full time.

A's-Block, all-caps "OAKLAND" on the road jerseys. Make green cap w/yellow bill primary cap both home and road.

Tigers-Block, all-caps "DETROIT" on road trimmed in orange then white.

Orioles-Minor thing, but reduce the size of the "B" in Baltimore on the roads.

Good place to dive in. My changes:

Giants-Black hats w/black bills only. Get rid of the piping on roads. Go back to the black jerseys w/ black numbers trimmed in orange as your only alternate.

Dodgers-Change numbers on front of jersey from red to blue.

Diamondbacks-"Arizona" on the black road alts.

Cubs-Blue caps with red bill full time.

Cardinals-Wear red hats on Sunday afternoons (pick another time like Friday nights to wear the "bird on bat" alts). Also, wear bird on bat hats on road so the navy road hats aren't worn more than the regular home reds.

Reds-Bring back the black cap w/red bill and wear it only occasionally.

Braves-Wear the road hat only with the road alts (regular hat all other times). Wear alternate blue road unis for night games, and only once a week. Wear the cream throwbacks much less often.

Marlins-"Marlins" on the home whites.

Phillies-Red caps only. Make the regular homes and regular roads your only jerseys.

Rangers-Either pick red or blue (I suggest blue) as your primary, predominant color and stick with it full time.

A's-Block, all-caps "OAKLAND" on the road jerseys. Make green cap w/yellow bill primary cap both home and road.

Tigers-Block, all-caps "DETROIT" on road trimmed in orange then white.

Orioles-Minor thing, but reduce the size of the "B" in Baltimore on the roads.

Ok, most of your suggestions are just ridiculous, but suggesting the Dodgers change the front number color is downright blasphemous.

Archived