Idea for Expansion NBA Team!

Robmarty009

So the last 2 work better as an NBA logo then the first 3? Interesting..

I agree. The last two are great, really scream Pittsburgh which the first three, while very well-designed, don't do. That last one is fantastic. You should do a whole league of concepts!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks cohenj21. I appreciate that. I'm very taken aback by the feedback. Especially since those last 2 were left on the cutting room floor. To be honest, I do also like the last one but not many of my classmates seemed to respond to it, which eventually led to me to cut it from competition. Then again most of my peers don't watch much sports which made me very interested in posting these here instead. And yes, I would love to do a whole series of concepts.

I would avoid the 3rd logo because it could easily be called a "theft" from the NFL Europe's Berlin Thunder. It is different but not diffferent enough. The last thing you want in a design class is to be seen as stealing an already existing idea.

I would avoid the 3rd logo because it could easily be called a "theft" from the NFL Europe's Berlin Thunder. It is different but not diffferent enough. The last thing you want in a design class is to be seen as stealing an already existing idea.

Seconded. Also of your three courts, I think the second one is strongest. I think the logo in the first one dominates too much of the court.

rATMcmK.png

I concur WideRight. I actually am a big fan of that Berlin Thunder logo and used that as a reference for that particular logo. Obviously I didn't make my logo different enough so I will stay away from that one. Thanks for the advice!

The triangle logo shouts "Knicks" to me. Go with the 2 crossed hammers behind the ball.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The triangle logo shouts "Knicks" to me. Go with the 2 crossed hammers behind the ball.

Good point. For some reason I still really like that one. I just need to make it stand out more and look more original. Other than that, it looks like the cross-hammer logo and rejected logos are getting the most votes.

I think the 2nd logo from the 2nd group is the best, its just got a cool "vintage" feel to it, and is the most original to me.

The cross hammers is the next best.

I will also second that vote for the P/hammer for the secondary!!

Also I know you are still developing a logo and so on but are you going to do unis?

I think the 2nd logo from the 2nd group is the best, its just got a cool "vintage" feel to it, and is the most original to me.

The cross hammers is the next best.

I will also second that vote for the P/hammer for the secondary!!

Also I know you are still developing a logo and so on but are you going to do unis?

Glad you asked GD. I actually have a couple jersey concepts done that I will post either later today or tomorrow.

I love the second logo in the original post. Most "NBA-ready" logo, IMO. The second court, to go with that logo, is outstanding. The colors pop, it's all tied together, and the font is simple but effective, especially with the color-scheme. Secondary logo is nice too. I just reallllly like that identity as a whole, court and all.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love the second logo in the original post. Most "NBA-ready" logo, IMO. The second court, to go with that logo, is outstanding. The colors pop, it's all tied together, and the font is simple but effective, especially with the color-scheme. Secondary logo is nice too. I just reallllly like that identity as a whole, court and all.

Thanks LEWJ for your critique. I'm starting to lean towards that second logo now. Stay tuned for more posted in just a little.

Here are a couple alternate logos I was working on. the "P" goes with logo #1 and the "PH" go with the cross-hammer logo (#2).

Phammer-Trianglealternate2.jpg

Phammer-Trianglealternate.jpg

PHlogo-Crossbonesalternate.jpg

Lastly for the day, as promised, here is a sample of a jersey design for logo#1 I'm working on. Please feel free to offer your critiques/suggestions. thanks guys!

Hammersjerseysample1.jpg

Archived