BREAKING NEWS: Brewers Host "Make our Alternate Uniform" Contest!

rmackman

I think many of you will be happy to read this:

http://sports.yahoo....18763--mlb.html

Alternate uniforms are a big hit with fans, which in turn makes them a big money maker for sports franchises, so why not let the paying customer have a role in designing them?

Obviously that's how the Milwaukee Brewers feel on the subject, because they have decided to open the creative process up to their fans in the form of a contest, with the challenge being to create a new, unique uniform — right on down to the socks and wrist bands — for the team to wear during their March 22 spring training game against the Chicago Cubs in Maryvale, AZ.

The winner will receive a trip to see the game, including airfare for two, tickets to the game to see the uniform "come to life," and a cash prize for hotel, transportation and other incidentals. The winner will also have the opportunity to select the jersey and hat worn by one player from that day as a souvenir, plus 10 t-shirts and hats made from their design.

The contest officially began this past Friday and Brewers are calling it the "Design a YOUniform" contest. As you can see on their website, the submissions are already rolling in ahead of the Dec. 13. deadline.

On Jan. 15, the Brewers will announce the four finalists and fans will have one week to cast a vote for their favorite. Those finalists will then be invited to the Brewers On Deck fan festival on Jan. 27, where John Axford will announce the winner.

"People have great ideas for how they would design an alternate uniform for the team, and this is the ultimate opportunity for everyone to have their say," said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. "Participants can pick their favorite colors, original logos, and script, or they can utilize elements of the Brewers current uniforms with their own unique twist. It's literally a blank template and a chance for everyone to show off their creative sides."

The contest is open to anyone, so if you're feeling creative go ahead and give it your best shot. Just know you'll be going up against some very creative and motivated designers.

By the way, while I mentioned it's an Alternate uniform on the title of the post, it seems to me that really it's a BP/Spring Training uniform. So, take that into consideration.

Read these guidelines, because they have specific information pertaining to your design:

http://milwaukee.bre..._directions.pdf

You're only allowed ONE (1) entry!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternate uniforms are a big hit with fans, which in turn makes them a big money maker for sports franchises, so why not let the paying customer have a role in designing them?

Obviously that's how the Milwaukee Brewers feel on the subject, because they have decided to open the creative process up to their fans in the form of a contest, with the challenge being to create a new, unique uniform — right on down to the socks and wrist bands — for the team to wear during their March 22 spring training game against the Chicago Cubs in Maryvale, AZ.

The winner will receive a trip to see the game, including airfare for two, tickets to the game to see the uniform "come to life," and a cash prize for hotel, transportation and other incidentals. The winner will also have the opportunity to select the jersey and hat worn by one player from that day as a souvenir, plus 10 t-shirts and hats made from their design.

The contest officially began this past Friday and Brewers are calling it the "Design a YOUniform" contest. As you can see on their website, the submissions are already rolling in ahead of the Dec. 13. deadline.

On Jan. 15, the Brewers will announce the four finalists and fans will have one week to cast a vote for their favorite. Those finalists will then be invited to the Brewers On Deck fan festival on Jan. 27, where John Axford will announce the winner.

"People have great ideas for how they would design an alternate uniform for the team, and this is the ultimate opportunity for everyone to have their say," said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. "Participants can pick their favorite colors, original logos, and script, or they can utilize elements of the Brewers current uniforms with their own unique twist. It's literally a blank template and a chance for everyone to show off their creative sides."

The contest is open to anyone, so if you're feeling creative go ahead and give it your best shot. Just know you'll be going up against some very creative and motivated designers.

By the way, while I mentioned it's an Alternate uniform on the title of the post, it seems to me that really it's a BP/Spring Training uniform. So, take that into consideration.

Read these guidelines, because they have specific information pertaining to your design:

Here's my crack at it. I figured if the Astros can do the rainbow under the arms, the Brewers could put pinstripes. It'd be something nobody else had. I basically combined the current look with that of the early 90's look, then put a white panel on the hat. It's become popular as of late, and the Brewers once did use a white panel as well as a yellow paneled hat.

YOUniform.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here's my crack at it. I figured if the Astros can do the rainbow under the arms, the Brewers could put pinstripes. It'd be something nobody else had. I basically combined the current look with that of the early 90's look, then put a white panel on the hat. It's become popular as of late, and the Brewers once did use a white panel as well as a yellow paneled hat.

YOUniform.png

Second attempt, just for fun (already submitted the first one):

YOUniform2.png

spacer.png

The Brewers did at one point use white-paneled batting helmets, but never wore white-paneled caps.

Regardless, I like that concept. Combining the old with the new doesn't always work perfectly, but I like how it looks here. The pinstriped side panels are an interesting touch.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I'm surprised nobody else has posted anything. I figured everyone would jump at the chance to design something for a team.

spacer.png

It doesn't have any guidelines as to where you live, but in the submit your entry form it only has locations in the us :/

it does say open to us residents only

Oh I missed that, that sucks.

And people around here don't seem to like doing spec work (see the silverbacks logo thread)

It doesn't have any guidelines as to where you live, but in the submit your entry form it only has locations in the us :/

it does say open to us residents only

Oh I missed that, that sucks.

And people around here don't seem to like doing spec work (see the silverbacks logo thread)

Normally that's me, but it's gonna be awfully tough to pass up a chance to have something I designed actually get used by my team.

This was my submission -- a faux-back to the 80s-style powder unis:

youniform_ndwas.png

I think I like this better than my own!

spacer.png

Buckeye, I like how the 8 on the front of the jersey looks like a beer almost drunk.

I actually really like that, it's futuristic but not to over the top

Thanks lancealot, I tried to do something my style of design without trying to go to far over the edge. rtrich11, I never imagined the number like that, but now that you mention it, I can really see it lol

Archived