BREAKING NEWS: Brewers Host "Make our Alternate Uniform" Contest!

rmackman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to do one, but I know absolutely nothing about this type of stuff. What program(s) are you guys using to create your designs and where do you get the Milwaukee font and logos? I downloaded the template, and pretty much don't know what to do from there lol.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the bump...but they've unveiled the three finalists:

Ron from Catonsville, MD:

im_youniformfinalist_269033363.jpg

Ben from Richfield, MN:

im_youniformfinalist_301068269.jpg

Nicholas from Madison, WI:

im_youniformfinalist_269094176.jpg

You can vote for your favorites here until January 22:

The winner will be announced January 27 at the Brewers on Deck convention.

bYhYmxh.png

I can deal with the first one if they move the sleeve patch from right to left.

I like everything about the second one except for the beer barrel man face on the cap because 1) I hate beer barrel man and 2) using the face removes the "barrel" part.

The third uses a lot of trends I don' like. Looks like a fashion jersey and I will never be on board with white-panel caps.

I guess I am pulling for the first one (and hoping they move the patch). The second jersey is superior, but I cannot stand that cap.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'll run the risk of sounding conceited and say that I think my submission was better than all three of these. I do like #2 though.

youniform_ndwas.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Second is nice but an obvious rip of the Sabres' bottlecap script.

Disagree that is an "obvious" rip ... there are similarities but theres also only so many ways to make an elevating script and underline it. That more of an established convention that the Sabres, among others (including the Brewers) have used in the past.

4ggefpg5rwe9nk1ehixgmu73b.gif

8gite6ot2w7olxh7nvxbkvfgw.gif

ttfelv66500qiz4fenp9hphn5.gif

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

There are nice things to say about these three entries, but I think they should have taken more opportunity to go outside of the regular season alternate look. There were several in the line up that took into account either time (spring), place (desert), or atmosphere (laid-back fun).

Mine might not be award winning, but I incorporated the seemingly state color of Arizona, copper, into the Brewers' palette. I also kept a spring training look of the uniform, instead of making it look like a regular season jersey. I created a simple patch in to further tie in what I was going for. The jerseys are just for a day in front of a smaller crowd, so they don't have to be serious.

293506155.jpg

Ron from Catonsville, MD:

im_youniformfinalist_269033363.jpg

This first one is beautiful. I love just about everything about it: the use of the cap logo on the left breast, the front number, the yellow-on-blue numbers, the player name in the reverse colours to the number, the piping and sleeve stripes, the stripes on the stirrups, the mere fact that the set includes stirrups. (They don't show the pants; but I assume that that lovely piping would be down the sides of the pant leg.)

While a lone patch is usually on the left sleeve, as OnWis has intimated, in this case it's probably on the right sleeve for better balance with the logo on the front of the jersey, which is high up on the left side. I'd bet that Ron from Catsonsville, MD tried both sides, and decided that the right sleeve was the better place for the patch.

My only quibble is with the vertically arched player names. Vertical arching is OK on a team name, where everyone wears the same mark; but, I really don't like to see it on player names. Vertical arching on player names is too chaotic; I strongly dislike that a letter's shape changes depending on where it sits in the player's name and on how long the name is. Every "A" should look like every other "A". On this uni, I'd prefer radially-arched player names in blue (just one colour).

So this one gets a score of 99 3/4 out of 100 from me. Bravissimo!

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived