Ohio State Announces "Rivalry" Uniform for Michigan Game

ESTONES6

In summary, gray pants with a larger stripe, scarlet shirt with VERY large silver numbers, black stripes on the sleaves, the helmet will remain silver with a VERY large helmet stripe, and I believe the helmet is a type of chrome, not the metalic. Also, potential for "OHIO STATE" on the name plate. I will try to post pics soon.

ohiostatemain_original_original.jpg?1353380801

osufront_original_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75Uni2.jpg

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. So basically they'll look the same except they'll be wearing cartoonish versions of their regular uniforms. In your biggest game, you should wear your regular uniform.

Just go back to this and don't touch it ever again

ncf_u_eddiegeorge_cmg_600.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Considering all of the over-the-top special uniforms we have seen over the past few years, I just don't have an issue with this one.

Just because it's not AS bad as other uniforms, that doesn't mean its not bad. I like what they did with the numbers. That is a very nice touch since the numbers were so big in that era. But the sleeve stripes should have been a throw back too, not just a massive blow up of the current stripes.

Ugh. So basically they'll look the same except they'll be wearing cartoonish versions of their regular uniforms. In your biggest game, you should wear your regular uniform.

Just go back to this and don't touch it ever again

ncf_u_eddiegeorge_cmg_600.jpg

I agree... but I think the current sleeve stripes are better than the ones shown in the picture above. I like the consistency. But I agree with what you said about your biggest game of the year, in the biggest rivarly in sports. You where the standard uniform.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I agree that their move to an "Ohio State stripe" on the sleeve was a step up from the Northwestern stripes of the past. (And Iowa, Steelers, Lions...) Might as well use the one you use everywhere else.

As for this "rivalry" uni, it looks like the monster logo cap fad that never really stuck. Everything is bigger! Not the worst we've seen, but kinda pointless.

I liked those sleeve stripes because it put some gray on the jerseys so when you wore it around as a fan you weren't wearing a red and black jersey with no gray showing at all.

They also had a nice balance when worn with the full uniform.

In those days the pants stripe was actually more consistent with the helmet stripe than it is now and I don't think that every part of the uniform has to match for it to be a successful look. The helmet and pants worked together so I was fine with the stripes being the way they were. Also those huge champion shoulder numbers were awesome.

PvO6ZWJ.png

i really like it but im confused about what they're doing with the undershirt stripe. its already correct on the jersey sleeve, but then you have half the stripe on the undershirt showing too (which wont be in most cases, but its designed that way).

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i really like it but im confused about what they're doing with the undershirt stripe. its already correct on the jersey sleeve, but then you have half the stripe on the undershirt showing too (which wont be in most cases, but its designed that way).

They're being sneaky about stealing some ideas from UnderArmour/Northwestern. :P

(Watch where this one goes...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I agree that their move to an "Ohio State stripe" on the sleeve was a step up from the Northwestern stripes of the past. (And Iowa, Steelers, Lions...) Might as well use the one you use everywhere else.

As for this "rivalry" uni, it looks like the monster logo cap fad that never really stuck. Everything is bigger! Not the worst we've seen, but kinda pointless.

I dislike the current sleeve stripes. I understand somewhat wanting to match them to the helmet stripe. They do on the red jersey. However, on the white jersey, they decided to make the white stripes silver, so they don't match the helmet stripe. Why bother then? If they weren't going to use the same pattern on the white jersey, they should have switched the colors around on the red, also, so there wasn't an unsightly red stripe in the middle of the pattern. It's like Florida's "we have to be ultra-consistent with our stripes". With them, it works on the blue jerseys, but the white jerseys and pants look like crap.

The other big problem with OSU's look is the pants. As McCarthy said, the black is thicker and the white thinner than on the helmet stripe. They need to match that up again. Also, wear friggin silver pants, not gray. I don't care if the school colors are red and gray. Your football team wears silver.

Oh, and these alternates are really, really bad. And it looks like they are wearing stripeless gray pants, too. Just all-around suck.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

sloppy PS job but this is what i imagined they wanted to do just looking at the undershirt, which i think is a very smart stripe solution. but theres a mix of undershirt and jersey stripe thats just odd. the downside of course to this being not every player wears the undershirts. still, id like to see someone actually do this

screenshot20121120at113.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

They're being sneaky about stealing some ideas from UnderArmour/Northwestern. :P

It should go to 'Nike put Oregon State in striped Pro Combats a year before UA put it on the Wildcats'.

It should go to 'Nike put Oregon State in striped Pro Combats a year before UA put it on the Wildcats'.

dont take the bait man, get outta there!!!!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

sloppy PS job but this is what i imagined they wanted to do just looking at the undershirt, which i think is a very smart stripe solution. but theres a mix of undershirt and jersey stripe thats just odd. the downside of course to this being not every player wears the undershirts. still, id like to see someone actually do this

w

Sloppy photoshop job? Huh? That's not PS....and let's see you do better.

OD_Signature.jpg

If the helmet stripe were normal and the pants had a matching stripe (basically what they usually wear, but silver pants, not grey), and they ditched the stupid undershirt, these would be cool.

I guess to simplify... I like the jersey a lot, and Ohio State should wear silver pants instead of grey.

w

Sloppy photoshop job? Huh? That's not PS....and let's see you do better.

He didn't meant it as an insult, he simply threw together a "sloppy PS job" and showed what he interpreted Nike meant by the undershirt. Take notice to the tops of the striping on the sleeves, he's changed them from black to red. It's just "sloppy" :lol:

Ahhhhhh gotcha lol sorry to Brandon. If it makes you feel better, I worked on that baselayer and didn't even notice the change, so it can't be *that* sloppy ;)

LOL, good to know my 5 minute hack job went completely unnoticed. guess i should raise my prices now!

i like everything about the uniform really, its just that undershirt thats giving me fits

GRAPHIC ARTIST

The undershirt makes sense when you know the story. And don't be mistaken, there was a huge discussion about having or not having the stripes there, and how much should show. Ultimately it was decided to keep them to help tell the story of that stripe, which is a major component of the uniform. I wish I could explain the whole thing but I can't I don't think.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived