atlanta silverbacks soccer nasl concept logo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BigRed618

BigRed618

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 16:28

When the Silverbacks announced that they would be holding a contest for their new logo, I was pretty hyped. I actually had this idea swimming around in my head for some time. Here's my idea for their new badge..
Posted Image

The colors are bright orange, the color of a peach, and navy blue. The mascot logo was hand-drawn my me. I was going for a vintage look, something that could become a classic. I think I drew the most inspiration from this old logo I found some time ago...

Posted Image

It belongs to Barnsley FC, a team in the FL's Championship Division. Not sure if they're still using it anymore.

Anyway, I need your most honest opinions about this, because I plan on submitting this on the contest. Thanks a lot! :)

#2 Conrad.

Conrad.
  • The One & Only

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 16:31

looks like a cool fauxback design. nicely done.

sport-scarf_fcb.pngCreamer-Badges-08_zps95ea3a95.png

Red Goat Creations :: Graphic Design Solutions  |  Fonts By Conrad donation link: btn_donate_LG.gif Thanks!  :)

#3 BigRed618

BigRed618

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 17:09

Thanks. That's just what I was going for. Here's another version with their current colors. Let me know if this looks any better:
Posted Image

#4 Ted Cunningham

Ted Cunningham
  • Let's go Bucs.

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 23:03

I like it all around, but I like it better in the current colors. Honestly, I think it would be OK in the peach and blue scheme as well, but I'd drop the leaves from his head. It's fun. Definitely captures that caricature-type mascot you were going for. Well done.

#5 Xodius

Xodius

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 00:37

No offense, but I honestly can't see how something like this would look in a professional setting. It may draw inspiration from older logos, but it doesn't translate well. This logo isn't fitting for a professional franchise.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atlanta, silverbacks, soccer, nasl, concept, logo