2012 College Football Coach Changes/How Many Years Does One Give a Coach?

dfwabel

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butch Jones to Colorado it is.

http://www.denverpos...nference-avoids

Might want to hold off on that since there has not been a statement from Colorado plus SI's @SIPeteThamel spoke to Jones within the hour and tweeted

Just reached out to Butch Jones, who said any report of him taking the Colorado job is "absolutely false."

From reports I've seen, is seems as if Butch Jones is either having cold feet about leaving Cincy for Boulder, or he's just holding out to see if Tennessee, aka THE MIGHTY SEC, comes calling. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if Jones passes on the Colorado job. And if I'm CU, I'm already moving on.

6uXNWAo.png

It was all luck I suppose. But seriously, I really thought he was a guarantee to UT. Prediction- Larry Fedora to Tennessee.

I wouldn't count our Butch Davis yet either for that job. I think he is drooling over that job, has made it very clear he wants the job, and is probably sitting on his couch and just staring at his cell phone ... hoping to will it to ring with a TN area code.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

So win Bielema goes to Arkansas the Big Ten looks bad. But when everyone turns down Tennessee, that is not a reflection on the SEC?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wisconsin: despite being only 8-5 are conference champs, three years in a row at the Rose, consistently strong program, coach left to go to a league perceived as better.

Tennessee: 1-7 in the SEC after a battle of suck with Kentucky to see who would go 0-8 n the East, not strong recently, last two bowl games were under Kiffin and in Dooley's first year and they lost both, coach fired.

Apples and oranges not only applies to the colors of these teams but the situations they are in as well.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Wisconsin: despite being only 8-5 are conference champs, three years in a row at the Rose, consistently strong program, coach left to go to a league perceived as better.

Tennessee: 1-7 in the SEC after a battle of suck with Kentucky to see who would go 0-8 n the East, not strong recently, last two bowl games were under Kiffin and in Dooley's first year and they lost both, coach fired.

Apples and oranges not only applies to the colors of these teams but the situations they are in as well.

Outside of the presence of Wal Mart money, there are just as many structural issues for the Arkansas program as there are for Tennessee. Poor recruiting base, borderline psychotic fanbase that can turn on you at any time, and location in the middle of nowhere relative to the rest of the Conference.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Congratulations Florida International. You fired Mario Cristobal to get Butch Davis and Davis just told you to piss off. The Golden Panthers really should be firing their Athletic Director about now.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Congratulations Florida International. You fired Mario Cristobal to get Butch Davis and Davis just told you to piss off. The Golden Panthers really should be firing their Athletic Director about now.

So they fired their most successful coach ever to get a pretty good coach who gives schools NCAA sanctions?

Yeah, their AD has to go.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yeah, but Tennessee is probably a more significant program than Wisconsin. In any case, the point I am making is that the sports media claiming Bielema is some sort of a win for the SEC and blow for the Big Ten while they don't say boo about Tennessee having a hard time making a hire tells me that they are on the SEC-wagon (like it was a big secret, eh?)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So they fired their most successful coach ever to get a pretty good coach who gives schools NCAA sanctions?

To be fair, they've had football for about a decade. Being the best coach during that time doesn't mean a whole lot.

Please remember this is also the guy who hired Isaiah Thomas.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yeah, but Tennessee is probably a more significant program than Wisconsin. In any case, the point I am making is that the sports media claiming Bielema is some sort of a win for the SEC and blow for the Big Ten while they don't say boo about Tennessee having a hard time making a hire tells me that they are on the SEC-wagon (like it was a big secret, eh?)

Still apples and oranges, Tennessee has some history but it is by no means a destination job. Tennessee is at least the 6th best job in the SEC (Bama, LSU, UF, UGA, A&M, and I might even put being 2nd fiddle to Bama at Auburn ahead of it).

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I wouldn't be surprised if Jones passes on the Colorado job. And if I'm CU, I'm already moving on.

As predicted, Jones chooses staying at Cincy over the Buffs. I'm fine with it. Moving onto the next candidate.

6uXNWAo.png

He hasn't really chosen to stay at Cinci ... yet. He's just passing on the Buffs. I could see he angling for Wisconsin.

Butch Jones could be going to Wisconsin or Tennessee IMHO.

Slightly up this page and less than 24 hours ago you "predicted" Larry Fedora.

Sonny Dykes named HC at Cal.

Updated to last post.

After what Tech did to him this year, I'm not surprised.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Unless I was from Cincinnati (I am), I would have left for Tennessee too. There's too many options in Cincinnati for people to go see and spend their money, and UC football routinely takes the last spot. There's no point in renovating Nippert Stadium and add 10,000 seats at $60 million, if you can't sell out 36,000 as it is. The current state of UC athletics won't be attractive to anyone (conferences, coaches, recruits) until they find a conference.

People I'd love to see interviewed for the UC Opening:

Bob Diaco

Kerry Coombs

Willie Taggart

Though if Dan Enos had a winning record at Central Michigan, he'd get the job haha

With that said, I wish Butch Jones all the best at Tennessee. He's a great coach and a great guy, too.

Archived