Major League Ultimate Team Logo Design Contest

Brass

So, somebody is saying its ok to use clip art and modify it, yet still deem it 100% your own work thought a process called "derivative work." Do any actual designers have any input on this? Seems wrong to base a logo off of clip art and still present it as your own.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So here we've got a pretty good depiction of a deer head with the word "STAGS" horribly forced into the antlers in a sloppy, contrived, and terribly executed way. It's pretty obvious that he downloaded a Stock Photo and spend 5 minutes editing the antlers. Someone calls him out on it, and someone else comes to his defense saying "how is using a free template stealing artwork?".

Seriously?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

So here we've got a pretty good depiction of a deer head with the word "STAGS" horribly forced into the antlers in a sloppy, contrived, and terribly executed way. It's pretty obvious that he downloaded a Stock Photo and spend 5 minutes editing the antlers. Someone calls him out on it, and someone else comes to his defense saying "how is using a free template stealing artwork?".

Seriously?

Read what's going on with the Atlanta Hawks/Vancouver Nighthawks logo OR the Fish Skeleton logo. Comedy gold.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think the line is "winning designs contribute to the final design." So maybe they'll get far enough away from the Hawks "borrowed" elements. Or, you know, the winners are nowhere near what is already planned.

BTW- Some of my stuff won. I'm curious how they'll be used.

Archived