Seattle Totems Logos

Midway

The logos are self explanatory. I wanted to get away from the cliche green and blue Seattle looks and give them a more original color scheme. At first I wanted to go with a plum-like red and mint green but the red looked too similar to the Avalanche's wine/maroon and I thought I was thinking a little too inside the box trying to revert the Totems to the Metropolitans era, to which they have no connection. Eventually I settled on a more brick red and cyan for practical reasons. 1, they reflect the bold natural colors found in Northwest Native American imagery, and 2, brick red could be a simple carryover from a certain franchise we'd all like to see relocated ;)

9zm7is.png

And here's a take with green as the basis for the color scheme

r7rbx3.png

The hardest part about this was finding a unique color scheme that deviated from the norm but still managed to tie into Native American art from the region. Any thoughts on revisions would be welcome.

Midway.png

I like it. The designs are great. But the colors aren't cliché. It's the color of Seattle, different shades are certainly welcome, but as a Seattle sports fan and a guy thats deep into my cities sports team, don't go away from the colors.

Other that you've done outstanding with the logo. Curious what font you used by the way?

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Archived