NBA court database

kodrinsky

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baltimore Arena (1988/1990)

8381135931_acdf0e56eb_z.jpg

The Bullets move back to the Baltimore Civic Center, renamed as Baltimore Arena in 1986, in the 1988/1989 season for three games (the first of them on January 6, 1989 vs. the Milwaukee Bucks). They played in Baltimore as well four games the 1989/1990 season and used this same court. Till 1997 they used the Baltimore Arena occasionally (their last game there was against the Mavericks on March 29, 1997, but the court was slightly different. I will post it as soon as I figure out what exactly was placed on the baselines.

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

The games I have come across with the first version of the center court (the one on the top), without the college 3-point arc. The main reason of falling into the error is simple: I make color corrections on Illustrator before exporting the work, and If the court has minor changes, I use the previous one to work faster. Anyway, thanks for the warning. By the way I had finished the USAir Arena till 1997, but first I wanna check 'em before uploading: I have to do some corrections, the most important the 3-point line: between 1994-1995 and 1996.1997 was 22 ft. from the goal line to the top.

Baltimore Arena (1994/1997)

8387890284_d3121a0782_z.jpg

The Baltimore Arena held twelve Bullets games between the 1994/1995 and the 1996/1997 seasons. The Bullets played on this court for the very last time on March 29, 1997 against the Dallas Mavericks.

I need footage from the games the Wizards played on the USAir Arena on November, 1997. Also from the Hartford Civic Center (Celtics) from the mid 70s to the mid 80s. If anyone comes across something it will be great to watch it posted here.

Hartford Civic Center Veterans Memorial Coliseum and Exhibition Center (1979/1986)

8392378236_eca7392033_z.jpg

The Boston Celtics played at The Hartford Civic Center occasionally between 1975 and 1995. They used some different floors: both regular HCC and UConn Huskies.

I need footage from the games the Wizards played on the USAir Arena on November, 1997. Also from the Hartford Civic Center (Celtics) from the mid 70s to the mid 80s. If anyone comes across something it will be great to watch it posted here.

From my photographic memory, when the Wizards played at USAir Arena in November 1997, the changes included the following: the paint changed from red to the Wizards' shade of blue, and the Bullets logos were replaced by the Wizards logos. There is also the 1997 version of the no-charge restricted arc. Other than that, the look remained the same.

I need to see how it goes the stuff. I've got some pictures, but it ain't enough.

From my photographic memory, when the Wizards played at USAir Arena in November 1997, the changes included the following: the paint changed from red to the Wizards' shade of blue, and the Bullets logos were replaced by the Wizards logos. There is also the 1997 version of the no-charge restricted arc. Other than that, the look remained the same.

I need to see how it goes the stuff. I've got some pictures, but it ain't enough.

(go to 2:15)

Thanks a lot! posted!

Thanks a lot! posted!

No problem bro!

For some great pictures of the basketball court designs used by the Cleveland Cavaliers from their start in 1970 to today, you can go to http://www.cavshistory.com/courts .

1970-73 Cleveland Arena (although it may have been used for the Cavs' final season [1973-74])

arena.jpg

1973-83 Richfield Coliseum (I don't know if this court was first used at the Cleveland Arena during the Cavs' final season there [1973-74] and then "The Coliseum" logo added when the team moved there or this court was first used in 1974. I also remember the Cavs' had retired numbers on the sidelines and not sure what color the 3-point line was when it debuted in the NBA in 1979.

coliseum1.jpg

1983-94 (although I think the Cavs' logo in the upper left hand corner was upside down)-1994 was final year at Richfield Coliseum

coliseum2.jpg

1994 (First season at Gund Arena)-1996

gund1.jpg

1996-2003 (I think they have the "Cleveland Cavaliers" word mark on the end lines upside down.

gund2.jpg

2003-05

gund3.jpg

2005-06 (Gund Arena name changed to Quicken Loans Arena)

theq1.png

2006-10

theq2.jpg

2010-12

theq3.jpg

2012-Present

theq4.png

I would like to see the Cavaliers' bring back the 1970-83 logo. If it were supersized like many of the league logos are for basketball courts, it would look great.

On the 1973-83 court, I think the out of bounds area was more of a royal blue than a navy blue, and the out-of-bounds line was yellow.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Archived