• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 9:41 AM, kodrinsky said:

Seattle Center Coliseum (1992)

19150136935_6ac5dcefd4_z.jpg

Kodrinsky,

You do amazing work, and it is a lot of fun to look at all the courts you have replicated. I am writing to you because I have been working on an exact replica of the Seattle Center Coliseum court from the early 90's for a coffee table top. 

It is hard finding decent close up shots of this court. I AM CURIOUS WHERE YOU GOT PICS IN ORDER TO REPLICATE YOUR SEATTLE  CENTER COLISEUM COURT? I would like to find more usable pics. So if you know of some please let me know. The court is spot on in so many ways, but I have noticed some variances from your court and the real one. I have spent so much time on this it is ridiculous, so please don't think I am putting down your work. In fact it is quite the opposite. I am writing more out of curiosity and that I respect your work.

From the little pics I have found, here are the variances. There is no yellow in between the stylized "S", the green dot at center court and the stylized "C" within the yellow basketball. This is shown on the closeups of George Karl's son as Sonics' ballboy.http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/coby-karl-ballboy-and-son-of-seattle-supersonics-coach-news-photo/81592943

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/basketball-coby-karl-ballboy-and-son-of-seattle-supersonics-coach-picture-id81353754

The freethrow line does not have yellow going across it. The yellow lines go around 3 sides of the rectangular key, but not where the player puts his toes when he shoots freethrows. That is green.http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/gary-payton-of-the-seattle-supersonics-drives-to-the-bakset-news-photo/83547124#

The curves on the lines of the basketball at center court are different. Seen partially in pics aboves but in various youtube clips. Lines on basketball are sharp, almost cartoonish and curve out to end between the "E" and "U" in Coliseum, not lined up with the "S" in Coliseum as you have it.

Also the "R" in Center is different than the rest of the font. I made this same mistake. The "R" is more similiar to the one in this sentence. See pics above. The leg of it kicks out in a 45 degree angle. 

I hope to one day get this project complete. It has been an on again - off again project for the last few years. I spend hours fine tuning certain aspects then find better pics and have to tweak it. I am also not a tenth as talented as you graphic artistically, but I am a perfectionist, so I work on things until it is just right...even if it takes hours upon hours. I am also very detail oriented. That is why I brought these things to your attention.

My hope is that with your talent and the details I brought forth, the court can be correct as possible.

I thank you for your time, and look forward to hearing back from you soon. I can also send what I have so far for your opinion on stuff.

Keep up the great work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kodrinsky, a Happy and Healthy New Year to you, all the best in 2017!

Are there any other 2016-17 NBA regular season courts left to release? I've seen a 2016-17 Kings court that doesn't appear to be in the Flickr album, and there may be a few others,no?  Thank you sir.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:03 AM, kodrinsky said:

Yes, I'm aware of this. The whole Hawks court timeline is pending to be updated. I'm adding the courts they used in Saint Louis, also. 

OK. Thanks. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, to the posters on this website, please pray for my family. My father, who served in the US Army during the Korean War, passed away on Christmas Eve after a lengthy battle with Parkinson's Disease, dementia, and Alzheimer's Disease. He was 84 years of age.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 3:39 AM, kodrinsky said:

TD Garden (2015/2016)

22580561231_ca5aac2d2f_z.jpg

I wish the Celtics would put either another Red Auerbach signature or something like "17 time NBA Champions" in the lower right area of the court.  However, I think that when the Celtics made a new floor using parts of the historic floor that was in Boston Arena (now Matthews Arena) and later the Boston Garden, Coach Auerbach's signature is on two of the original parquet panels.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

On 1/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, yowzersus said:

Hey Kodrinsky, a Happy and Healthy New Year to you, all the best in 2017!

Are there any other 2016-17 NBA regular season courts left to release? I've seen a 2016-17 Kings court that doesn't appear to be in the Flickr album, and there may be a few others,no?  Thank you sir.

Hi K-Man, you've been radio silent for 2+ months. Any chance you can weigh in on my inquiry RE: any remaining 2016-17 courts waiting to be released (e.g. the 2016-17 Kings court).  Thanks brother!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 1:40 AM, yowzersus said:

Hi K-Man, you've been radio silent for 2+ months. Any chance you can weigh in on my inquiry RE: any remaining 2016-17 courts waiting to be released (e.g. the 2016-17 Kings court).  Thanks brother!

Just thought I'd check in once again Kodrinsky.  With the All-Star break coming up, do you have any more 2016-17 court releases planned?  In addition to the Kings, it seems the Rockets are using a new court, and there may be others I'm missing. As always, thanks for your fantastic work and your response in advance.

Hi Kodrinsky,

First of all really thanks for your great job on creating such detailed and accurate NBA courts, much appreciated :)

I really wish you continue with the release of the 2016-17 missing courts. There aren't a lot, so hopefully shouldn't be a problem. Then if you'll manage to do also the all star courts, it would be even greater :)

Thanks a lot in advance mate

Regards

Adrian

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived