NEW ORLEANS REVELERS UNIFORM AND MASCOT-CONCEPT

zogozo

NewOrleansRevelersCollection2.jpg

Reveler -n. festive merrymaker who participate in the period of Carnival, the day of Mardi Gras, by partipating in the balls, or other events, including parades en masse. Crowds at a Mardi Gras parade who are more than spectators, they are participants.

Wow, I don't even like basketball and I'm digging this design. I love the choice of colors you picked. One small critique, if I may, your jester (I guess that's what you called him) seems to be thrusting his hips out a bit, almost like a "hey, look at my crotch!" kind of look. I'm not sure how you'd fix that though.

I must be in the minority that thinks that this is not a particularly good name or finished concept. "Revelers" just sounds weak - no one's going to fear or even be impressed by a Reveler.

I like the impish-looking jester a lot - it seems to represent the spirit of New Orleans well. But just use the head, not the body - with the bottom half included, he looks like a sex offender ready to whip something out in public.

I would reduce the amount of detail in the jester (too detailed for an NBA logo, IMO) and thicken the lines around the outside of the guy. Put the head on top of the wordmark, maybe add an arc to the team name and lose the diamond pattern inside the white there (it doesn't add anything and reduces the crispness of the overall logo).

Love the ornate curves at the top of the blue, mimicing the railings in the French Quarter. Definitely keep those, they make the final product uniquely NOLA.

Good start, keep working on it and you'll get a good finished product!

"he looks like a sex offender ready to whip something out in public"

This made me LOL!

I agree with nets fan that the head would be a better direction. Also as a suggestion for the mark I would lose the red stroke around just the rounded rectangle and put it around the entire mark I believe it would tie it all in together. And I would put the design thats on top all around the logo not just the top it makes it look like it was just thrown behind the rectangle.

Good work so far.

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

I really like this, especially with the logo just focusing on the head. I'm having a tough time deciding which color scheme I like best, though. I like the Mardi Gras colored one, but perhaps you can make the back half of the jerseys purple and apply the pattern to the gold sections. Basically, take the Hornets Mardi Gras set and apply the Revelers brand to it. I love the black and gold set since it matches up perfectly with the NFL's Saints. It's kind of rare for pro sports teams from the same cities to share a uniform color scheme. I don't think it should become the norm, but it's definitely refreshing to see it.

One suggestion for the black set: I'd like to see "NOLA" instead of "Revelers." They can always use "Revelers" at home. Speaking of home, gold jerseys or white?

Definitely think this is an improvement. I personally like the blue, red and gold color set the best, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at the Mardi Gras colors either. Black and gold is too Saints, and I think any New Orleans basketball team would need a more distinct identity from the football team.

I like what you've done. Happy you cleaned up the text, wasn't a fan of the design within it. Though I don't see this ever in the NBA, it's a really good concept!

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Archived