Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much like Houston, I don't quite understand what is the point of a third jersey being largely the same color as the home jersey.

That point aside, that is a very good looking jersey for Montreal.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't think Inter Milan should necessarily own the patent on blue/black stripes. For what it's worth, the kit commemorates Montreal Impact's 20th year, and I believe they wore this style of kit back at the beginning. I wish this would have been their home kit from beginning rather than another plain blue kit...

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Much like Houston, I don't quite understand what is the point of a third jersey being largely the same color as the home jersey.

That's my main gripe about Sporting KC's home and away kits. I've really grown to dislike their home "Sporting Blue", and they simply don't wear the dark indigo enough. I'd like a little more distinction, so a 3rd kit would be great for them.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Yeah i've always thought it'd be cool if the dynamo do 3rds that resemble past houston sports teams, like luv ya blue, maybe with red white shoulder stripes, or something like the old astros, and the current ones kinda resemble the rockets so theyre alright, but yeah i mean i think they should just get creative and have fun with them!

It's not without precedent for teams to wear their thirds at home at least some of the time, e.g. Houston, Portland, Seattle... no doubt we'll see the stripes at Saputo at least part of the time. Maybe come 2014, they'll hold on to that as a home, and introduce a new white away and bring back the pink and black (from the USL days) as a third? We can dream.

Apparently the official launch of all the new MLS kits won't be until February, but there have been a few leaks so far.

Colorado Rapids home:

moor11.jpeg

The Colorado kit has the names of season ticket holders on the stripe pattern area

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

One of the guys who covers the Whitecaps tweets the 'Caps might tweek their jerseys next year.

According to the MLS/Adidas deal, each jersey changes after two years. So the 'Caps are due for a new home and away for 2013, but they'll presumably retain the (lovely) brown third kit.

Yup...that Montreal 3rd is exactly what they should have been wearing all along, even before they were in MLS. Such a great look.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

According to the MLS/Adidas deal, each jersey changes after two years.

Does anyone know why this is?

I mean granted, this is hardly unique to MLS soccer, but in my mind I just question the impact that has on establishing brand equity—particularly amongst the more storied franchises (The Crew, Galaxy, and DC United automatically come to mind), and even clubs whose identitirs lend themselves perfectly to a timeless design. The inaugural (sp?) Philadelphia Union kits were a perfect example...but, due to this agreement, they had to get new kits, and in the process went from classy and distinctive to run-of-the-mill and largely forgettable.

I've just always been curious about that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ah, makes sense.

/i still got my inaugural Union jersey, toque, keychain lanyard and hoodie sweater, and don't plan on buying no more

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived