The wild and wacky world of college lacrosse uniforms are back! You know, the world of surprise alternate uniforms that end up being flying shamrocks, whatever Nike wants to push during the month of May, whatever the hell UA thinks is suitable for Maryland, sublimated urine-colored mountain jerseys, Warrior blasting out dubstep when they come up with their uniform ideas, which end up being the same template for every single school, etc.

So we begin with a bunch of Nike schools coming out with uniforms. With the new Nike Vapor template there's some new designs being thrown around.

http://insidelacrosse.com/ilgear/news/2012/12/17/nike-2013-ncaa-jersey-rundown

Notes to bring up on this:

-Duke has a more simplified look this year it looks like, with a sublimated stained glass pattern on the shoulders

-Virginia's going to wear what they did during the NCAA Tournament last year

-Lehigh going with an old-school, plain look

-Ohio State with some shoulder striping

In terms of alternates, like most lacrosse alternates, GAH

-Syracuse's regular uniforms are this, thank god, because the alternates are awful. I want to say we've got navy alternates as well, though, but we only have a few road games to work with with all these uniform combos so stay tuned

-Colgate with a black alt that really hides the red in the uniform. Not really BFBS considering it's one of their main colors, but I think they could've taken the grey away from Syracuse and had a much better uniform

Lot of helmets coming out of the woodwork as well, and usually we see a lot of cool designs coming out these days that are really unique to each school, so there's a lot to be looking forward to on that front.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The wild and wacky world of college lacrosse uniforms are back! You know, the world of surprise alternate uniforms that end up being flying shamrocks, whatever Nike wants to push during the month of May, whatever the hell UA thinks is suitable for Maryland, sublimated urine-colored mountain jerseys, Warrior blasting out dubstep when they come up with their uniform ideas, which end up being the same template for every single school, etc.

So we begin with a bunch of Nike schools coming out with uniforms. With the new Nike Vapor template there's some new designs being thrown around

So it's basically the same as football design wise then?

So we begin with a bunch of Nike schools coming out with uniforms. With the new Nike Vapor template there's some new designs being thrown around.

http://insidelacross...-jersey-rundown

Notes to bring up on this:

-Duke has a more simplified look this year it looks like, with a sublimated stained glass pattern on the shoulders

-Virginia's going to wear what they did during the NCAA Tournament last year

-Lehigh going with an old-school, plain look

-Ohio State with some shoulder striping

In terms of alternates, like most lacrosse alternates, GAH

-Syracuse's regular uniforms are this, thank god, because the alternates are awful. I want to say we've got navy alternates as well, though, but we only have a few road games to work with with all these uniform combos so stay tuned

-Colgate with a black alt that really hides the red in the uniform. Not really BFBS considering it's one of their main colors, but I think they could've taken the grey away from Syracuse and had a much better uniform

Lot of helmets coming out of the woodwork as well, and usually we see a lot of cool designs coming out these days that are really unique to each school, so there's a lot to be looking forward to on that front.

Duke was given the white version of those uniforms for NCAAs last year. The sublimated pattern is the Duke chapel doors, same as the men's and women's basketball back sublimated pattern.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know next to nothing about LAX, so i know even less about uniform history/tradition. With that being said all of those nike ones look pretty bad with the exception of just a few. They're just overpiped and overtemplated. I thought Nike would've realized that piping has already been phased out.

Is there a lacrosse template anywhere? I'd like to do some concepts myself.

I created a helmet template and posted the download link months ago. Also, I'm in the works of making shooter shirts and a new helmet template based off of the Cascade Pro7 and the Warrior model seen above. Here's an example of the shooter shirt design I'm doing now. The second is dir the Highschool club team I play for here in Maryland.

IMG_20130126_184943.jpg

IMAG0828.jpg

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Syracuse looks fugly in that alternate. Nike needs to modernize the throwbacks they wore last season, possibly make it their new primary set.

For some reason the Hound on the black Loyola helmet reminds me of the old Phoenix Coyotes logo from the late 90s.

As a Hopkins fan, I love the set they wore last season but I can't see the minimal changes Nike made for them.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

• 2 weeks later...

Time to sorta get the ball rolling, here's Johns Hopkins' new lids

IMG_1364(1).JPG

as well as a patch because Johns Hopkins has an anniversary of some sort every other year

IMG_1303.JPG

And defending national champion Loyola has a trio of new helmets themselves

IMG_1125(1).JPG

IMG_0594(1).JPG

IMG_1103(1).JPG

I love that Hopkins helmet, and the black Loyola one is growing on me.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived