2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

I really don't like that number font. They're getting to fancy and clever and it looks incongruous with the rest of the shirt (thin sponsor wordmark, nike swoosh, gradient design - all delicate looking elements). Then you have this fat bright yellow number plastered on the back with a cute little twist effect. Too much.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more details about the production of those Parma centenary shirts Berlin Wall posted earlier. Interesting stuff.

Following extensive research through the photographic archives of Parma Football, we have designed an exact replica of the shirt from 16 December 1913.
Of course, in the early 1900’s there were no synthetic fabrics or dyes, and so this shirt has been made using pure wool in its natural white form. The fabric used is woven on looms which are the same as those used in that period and has a natural elasticity thanks to the low number of turns that these machines have. Good things come to those who wait.
The shirts are stitched using the same chain stitching machines that were present at that time, to ensure a genuinely antique look. Only when work is done with love and passion can you produce something ‘authentic’.
As tradition dictates, the first shirt of Parma is a White and Black cross.
The shirts at that time had a small “French style” open collar, which was closed using laces. The black cross had very specific dimensions and was applied by first soling on the verticle stripe, followed by the horizontal stripe which went all the way around. The sleeves were long with a black cuff. Timelessly elegant.
The celebration shirt of Parma Calcio is not only considered to be “Made in Italy”, but thanks to the fact that it has been conceived, designed and made all in the same city, it can be proudly declared to “Made in Parma”.

I thought Barca went back to stripes this year, instead of the gradient; that's likely last year's.

I can't keep up.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I thought Barca went back to stripes this year, instead of the gradient; that's likely last year's.

Sorry, my wording wasn't the best. This year meant this shirt picture, not this year. They did keep the same number font though and I couldn't find a better picture of them on the new shirt.

Wait. A top-level side in 2013 is going to play a league match in long-sleeve wool shirts?!?

If they win, it'll be the greatest strike against proprietary "advanced uniform materials and technology" marketing b.s. since Sweden's gold medal in Torino in 2004.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wait. A top-level side in 2013 is going to play a league match in long-sleeve wool shirts?!?

If they win, it'll be the greatest strike against proprietary "advanced uniform materials and technology" marketing b.s. since Sweden's gold medal in Torino in 2004.

HA!! Take that San Jose. Even with wool, those white sweaters will be completely see-through with sweat after each game.

And in a kit devoid of a sponsor and club badge too, it would seem.

Of course, one concession they'll likely have to make is to add numbers to the shirts - something you wouldn't have seen back in 1913. Hopefully they'll go with something old school and stitched on to at least keep in with the feel of the kits - it would also be be a nice touch if they got dispensation to wear 1-11 rather than squad numbers, rather like Manchester United did in their 1950s-style Munich anniversary kits.

It's a shame too because they let Adidas hand them generic looking uniform templates instead of holing out for something that stands out as theirs. Fulham looks good but since Swansea has a similar kit it doesn't look as good otherwise. Adidas wats to outfit all the London clubs but if they all look the same I wouldn't bring them in to design my kit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's a shame too because they let Adidas hand them generic looking uniform templates instead of holing out for something that stands out as theirs. Fulham looks good but since Swansea has a similar kit it doesn't look as good otherwise. Adidas wats to outfit all the London clubs but if they all look the same I wouldn't bring them in to design my kit.

That's true. For example in the Bundesliga all six Adidas-Teams get some customized templates.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived