2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

I love the classy approach, which to me screams France, not necessarily France football though, but I think as long as they keep the blue white red primary combination it stays within tradition.

I think that's the issue I have. I don't necessarily look at them and think French football. To me that's the first task of a sports uniform, to evoke the team wearing it. I've not quite felt that the French kits do that so far. (Unlike say Nike's kits for Brazil or the Netherlands).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New pic from Eurosport catalog showing the shorts and other items. Really digging this. Supposedly it launches tomorrow. I have heard rumors of both midnight tonight and noon tomorrow. AO (American Outlaws) originally said midnight and then changed to noon. Not sure if that means retailers can sell at midnight and US soccer announces at noon or what. Curious to see how it plays out. Either way, should be launched within the next 16 hours or so.

34edag4.jpg

Oh man those look great!

I really hope (and I'm sure I'm not alone) they use that logo or a variation for the world cup. It just looks so much better!

As long as Liberia doesn't make the cup, I couldn't see a problem. :P

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Oh man those look great!

I really hope (and I'm sure I'm not alone) they use that logo or a variation for the world cup. It just looks so much better!

As long as Liberia doesn't make the cup, I couldn't see a problem. :P

Haha wow good call! Never new their logo(or flag for that matter) looked like that!

New pic from Eurosport catalog showing the shorts and other items. Really digging this. Supposedly it launches tomorrow. I have heard rumors of both midnight tonight and noon tomorrow. AO (American Outlaws) originally said midnight and then changed to noon. Not sure if that means retailers can sell at midnight and US soccer announces at noon or what. Curious to see how it plays out. Either way, should be launched within the next 16 hours or so.

34edag4.jpg

This page used to say available 3/1: http://www.soccerpro.com/Nike-USA-Centenary-Home-Jersey-2013-p13840/

not it just says not currently available.

Looks like WorldSoccerShop jumped the gun a couple of hours early. Entire collection. The other items beyond the kit are there, too. Socks are solid navy with a white swoosh, white "USA" text on reverse, and a white turnover.

http://www.worldsocc...collection.html

****edit, nevermind, they just took all the images down (except the header). Well, they were all up for a good five minutes, or so...

Looks like WorldSoccerShop jumped the gun a couple of hours early. Entire collection. The other items beyond the kit are there, too. Socks are solid navy with a white swoosh, white "USA" text on reverse, and a white turnover.

http://www.worldsocc...collection.html

****edit, nevermind, they just took all the images down (except the header). Well, they were all up for a good five minutes, or so...

jumped the gun? Wasn't the stuff supposed to be available today?

Well yes, but Nike and US Soccer are supposed to release them at noon. Technically they hadn't made any official mention that the kits even existed until 8 am when Nike and US Soccer made this tweet:

Minimal design, maximum style. Follow @ussoccer on Instagram for the Centennial kit's official unveiling today. http://instagram.com/p/WUO5eZFu64/

I'd think it would make sense for the federation and Nike to have their unveiling first before retailers are allowed to start selling (though that didn't stop a few shops whose pictures leaked before!).

Beautiful (though a tiny bit more red wouldn't hurt)

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Haha I remember when you did that with the hoops, gdu. I really want to splurge for an authentic, but not sure I can go for that much. Though the presentation box it comes in is pretty nice. Will get a replica at the very least. Also really like the shorts, snapback and n98 jackets. Was also pleasantly surprised to see that they included alternate shorts and socks. The all white look is great. Though it does seem funny that they are selling the navy shorts and socks but show the white in the advertising pictures.

edit- Also interesting to see them go with the classic block font. This whole line has been meticulously worked. No details left unnoticed. Even the little centennial crest is in the bottom of the numbers on the back (unlike the current crest on the standard numbers).

Haha I remember when you did that with the hoops, gdu. I really want to splurge for an authentic, but not sure I can go for that much. Though the presentation box it comes in is pretty nice. Will get a replica at the very least. Also really like the shorts, snapback and n98 jackets. Was also pleasantly surprised to see that they included alternate shorts and socks. The all white look is great. Though it does seem funny that they are selling the navy shorts and socks but show the white in the advertising pictures.

edit- Also interesting to see them go with the classic block font. This whole line has been meticulously worked. No details left unnoticed. Even the little centennial crest is in the bottom of the numbers on the back (unlike the current crest on the standard numbers).

I don't have a problem paying the extra money for authentic, but in that case there were almost no differences. The centennial looks to be different in that regard. I'll post what I find either way.

Real life pictures of the navy blue shorts and socks at Niketown.

t8lwzm.jpg

Perfection. I think. Can't get much better than that. I wish I was american so I could buy one.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived