UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Italy kits:

Italy-2013-Conderations-Cup-Puma-Home-Football-Shirt-f.jpg

not bad.

Italy-2013-Conderations-Cup-Puma-Home-Football-Shirt-a.jpg

Nice to see they correctly aligned the green and red trims in case any players wanted to go sailing.

liverpool-1.png

They look like cyclists with their front zipper pulled down. Pretty soon Puma will design shirts that are unzipped right down to the hem so the have them flapping in the wind as they run.

Dont like them.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

England2013Nike.jpg

Best pics we've seen of England. Pretty bland to be honest. Not a whole lot going on here. Not bad, not great, just kinda there. You'd think they'd get something nicer for their first Nike kit and 150 year anniversary.

I'd rather have bland and classic (see US Centennial jersey) than something that isn't, but doesn't look good. Will be more interested to see what they have in store for WC kits.

England's kits are also so similar year to year...I find it's starting to get a little boring. They should mix it up a little more and stop playing it so safe and retro.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Oh, I don't know. As an England supporter, I think they look very nice, perfect for both the anniversary and the first Nike kit.

I'll buy one of each for my kids.

I wish I was your kid...

Yeah these are just a bit bland, and too similar to the new centennial kits. But they're not bad.

I would agree that the England shirt resembles the US centennial. However, I think there is a difference between the two. I would say the US feels a bit more elegant compared to England. It seems more polished with the sleeve cuffs and the enlarged, gorgeous crest really becomes the focal point of the entire shirt. Your eyes are instantly drawn into it. With England, the crest isn't drawing me in. It's just kind of "there." I think it should be enlarged because the only other feature is the collar. We've seen it is definitely possible to create a highly simplistic kit in an elegant way (below). This Nike offering just strikes me as stale and boring.

Here is simplistic, yet elegant. It is incredibly plain yet I would not call it dull or stale. The crest looks quite regal and is clearly the focus of the entire shirt. I especially like the way the opponent is denoted within the scroll.

john-terry-england-2009-umbro-shirt12.jpg

And here is the full shot.

m79848.jpg

england2.jpg

Not bad. I wish they would have included navy bands on the sleeves too. I don't like plain sleeves when the neck has color.

I disagree. I'm not into the ringer t look.

Could be an intimidation/badass thing, given that they're playing a tropical team.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On this forum, we typically don't talk about football boots. But I thought I'd give it a shot.

Nike has released their newest colorways for their range of boots. Nike has 4 types of football boots.

1. CTR360 - Used for finesse, control, soft touch, endorsers include Iniesta and Jack Wilshere

2. T90 - Strikers boot, popular with goalkeepers as well, endorsers include Wayne Rooney, and Robert Lewendowski

3. Mercurial Vapour - Lightweight boot, endorsers include Ronaldo, Walcott, Gotze.

4. Tiempo Legend - Classic all around boot. Endorsers include Ronaldinho, Andrea Pirlo.

Every quarter, Nike releases these boots in new colors/colorways. There are sometimes minor changes to the boot, but usually it is just a color change. The international break marked the newest batch of boots.

Here are the new boots.

CTR360

nike-ctr360-iii-fresh-mint-white-neo-lime-profile.jpg

T90

nike-t90-laser-iv-bright-mango-black-profile.jpg

Mercurial

mercurial-vapor-ix-neptune-blue-volt-pink-flash.jpg

Tiempo Legend

nike-tiempo-legend-iv-sunburst-white-crimson-pair.jpg

Archived