2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new wolf is better (even though it looks 3-legged), but why is it floating? The black line separating the red and yellow-orange is terrible ( Black should only be used as trim). But the worst part, by far, is eliminating the ASR for this Trajan Pro blandness that was done to attract tourist and frankly looks like a counterfeit.

If you have ever walked through Rome, you'll have probably seen the hundreds of version of the logo with Roma written across it. Even though it's small, look at the bottom of this picture

969494_10200566512318108_469068614_n.jpg

Edit: I also loved the previous wordmark

logo.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Roma update is an upgrade but I too wish the would have left the ASR in favor over just Roma.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

That city one just looks like a generic training top.

No to pick on you...but man do I hate hearing that year in and year out.

That's what City does (at least with their primary) it's not going to change anytime soon.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Another new logo:

roma-nouveau-logo-.jpeg

I am new to soccer so can someone please explain to my why Roma has a logo that involves human children sucking the teet of a wolf?

Take a western civ or mythology class and you'll find your answer. Or you can dig around the internets and get your answer pretty easily.

Another new logo:

roma-nouveau-logo-.jpeg

I am new to soccer so can someone please explain to my why Roma has a logo that involves human children sucking the teet of a wolf?

Take a western civ or mythology class and you'll find your answer. Or you can dig around the internets and get your answer pretty easily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_of_Rome

This will give you the answer your looking for.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Whilst the she-wolf/Romulus/Remus image has perhaps benefited from a bit of a tidy up, it's a shame to see that the club's decided to drop the 'ASR' monogram.

Whilst the she-wolf/Romulus/Remus image has perhaps benefited from a bit of a tidy up, it's a shame to see that the club's decided to drop the 'ASR' monogram.

Agreed. The monogram definitely needs to be there in place of Roma.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Having had a look at the Roma website, they've gone into explaining the thinking behind the updated look in some depth, bless 'em...

Design Continuity

The updated logo is a vibrant new take on AS Roma’s memorable crest, which has represented the Club since its inception. Many of the key elements, endemic to the city of Rome, will remain the same, including:

1) Historic Shape of the Shield – The updated logo maintains the shape and proportions of the original AS Roma crest, represented in art and sculpture throughout the city. The additional black line in the middle provides a stable base for La Lupa Capitolina and her twins.

2) Traditional Red and Yellow Colors – The classic color palette, which evokes the colors of Rome, remains and will continue to pay tribute to the community that the Club represents.

3) La Lupa Capitolina with twins Romulus and Remus – The Club that represents Rome is inextricably linked with the birth of the Eternal City, founded 2,766 years ago. We continue to honor the icon that is recognized worldwide.

Design Evolution

AS Roma has tremendous brand equity that far outpaces that of nearly every European sports club. The Club has carefully evolved the logo to respect the past but represent the future.

1) ROMA – The city of Rome is known and admired throughout the world. To properly acknowledge the unparalleled bond between the Club and the city, the monogram ASR has been proudly replaced with the full name of the city.

2) 1927 – The Club has tremendous respect for its history and the accomplishments of its players. During the 2012/2013 season, AS Roma introduced the first Hall of Fame in Italy. Placing the year of the team’s foundation into the official logo pays further homage to the legacy of the Club.

3) La Lupa Capitolina – This icon has become stronger, more graphic and more modern, a new wolf for a new era. She and the twins are represented in a 3-dimensional manner, to better represent the magnitude of the brand within Rome and around the world.

4) Typeface – The Trajan Pro typeface used in the updated logo is an ideal fit with the traditional shape of the crest. It is honest and strong, a modern evolution of a classic. A second complementary typeface – Helvetica Neue Light – will be used in all Club communications.

5) Accent Color – A metallic silver color has been integrated into the logo. The addition of the silver brings a refined and subtle diversity and depth to the AS Roma color palette.

6) Wordmark – A new wordmark for AS Roma has been designed using the same Trajan Pro typeface so that it complements the shield logo in an enduring fashion. It also utilizes a “dot” to separate the words, reminiscent of the ancient style used on Roman statues and monuments.

All grand talk but they still should have kept the monogram.

New-Man-City-Home-Kit-1.jpg

Apparently they can't stand to look at Tevez either

That city one just looks like a generic training top.

No to pick on you...but man do I hate hearing that year in and year out.

That's what City does (at least with their primary) it's not going to change anytime soon.

I think he's talking about the green top. It is in fact a training top.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Why are they in NYC and not Manchester?

And a quick question about NYC-FC. Do you think fans in NYC would buy jerseys that had a sponsor such as Etihad or Emerites airlines on it or do you think the not-always-subtle-anti-Islam undercurrent that pops up from time to time in the city would emerge and hurt it.

I only ask because Man City has Etihad and they are a major player in NYC FC. Don't actually think that NYC FC will do that, they will probably end up with something lame like a bank or investment firm. (I want Entenmann's, but that ain't happening.)

And a quick question about NYC-FC. Do you think fans in NYC would buy jerseys that had a sponsor such as Etihad or Emerites airlines on it or do you think the not-always-subtle-anti-Islam undercurrent that pops up from time to time in the city would emerge and hurt it.

I only ask because Man City has Etihad and they are a major player in NYC FC. Don't actually think that NYC FC will do that, they will probably end up with something lame like a bank or investment firm. (I want Entenmann's, but that ain't happening.)

I don't think there's a particularly notble anti-Islamic sentiment in the city. An absurdly-vocal-for-its-size one, perhaps, but that's driven by national media, especially talk radio, that happens to be based here.

They probably will want to tread carefully with the sponsor, but largely because they'll be the highest-profile portng franchise to actually put a sponsor logo on their uniforms. Building, yes. But jerseys? That's a pretty big step, so expect the safest choice possible.

Archived