2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

On Brazil's new kits the cuffs don't look super tight, but they do look significantly tighter than the previous ones so that's a good sign.

Man I love England's uniforms.

Milk it for all it's worth then as I believe this is the last game England plays before the Nike switch.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I fear is that those aren't elastic cuffs but rather the ones nikes been putting out the last yr or two that fit really loosely.

I hope they're not elastic - elastic cuffs that wide belong on a blood pressure machine.

Well I prefer this

http://www.soccerbib...2_2D00_Img5.jpg

And this

http://theculturedle...-player-725.jpg

To this

http://www1.pictures...e7vQ69vsYql.jpg

Not me.

Since their home kit is green I'm not too heartbroken to see these worn. Granted a 0-0 result means tjese may never be worn again.

I wonder of Adidas forced them to wear it. Idk why they'd wear white against Jamaica of all teams. Yellow doesn't clash with green or black. And it's not common they have a white kit.

Since their home kit is green I'm not too heartbroken to see these worn. Granted a 0-0 result means tjese may never be worn again.

I wonder of Adidas forced them to wear it. Idk why they'd wear white against Jamaica of all teams. Yellow doesn't clash with green or black. And it's not common they have a white kit.

National television in the states. Thats all I have to say.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

The only thing I fear is that those aren't elastic cuffs but rather the ones nikes been putting out the last yr or two that fit really loosely.

I hope they're not elastic - elastic cuffs that wide belong on a blood pressure machine.

Yeah but that kit will be knocked down a few rungs if it has the loose sleeve look on players who don't have solid guns for arms.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Mexico's third kit. Now now, this is TOO PLAIN. C'mon Adidas. WTF.

8451387954_cab8588c7c_b.jpg

Ok, so the US kit, white with navy trim, gets lauded around here. This gets canned as 'too plain'. There is no logic around here sometimes.

The USA kit is supposed to be plain. However, I do agree with you. These are good looking shirts. The worst thing about them is no custom font. They would have looked better with green shorts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ok, so the US kit, white with navy trim, gets lauded around here. This gets canned as 'too plain'. There is no logic around here sometimes.

The USA kit is supposed to be plain. However, I do agree with you. These are good looking shirts. The worst thing about them is no custom font. They would have looked better with green shorts.

I think they would've looked better (and more like Mexico) with green trim instead of red.

I think they would've looked better (and more like Mexico) with green trim instead of red.

Those are both fair points, as the point is that the kit doesn't look 'Mexico' enough. (I am not sure I entirely agree, I remember Hugo Sanchez wearing something similar in '86.)

But the 'plain' argument doesn't sit well with me. Plain can be a great design for a sports uniform. I'd much prefer a plain outfit that suits the history of the team, than some over designed monstrosity. The US shirt is great because you look at it and its obviously a US kit. It doesn't need splashes of color.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well it's the same as the home kit...just more plain.

mexico2011.jpg

But better than this....(BFBS)

2308319-6815-atm14.jpg

I'm not really sure BFBS is a thing in soccer...

I think it very much is. The only difference is that it's less permanent - clash kits allow teams to sell merchandise in whatever the hot colors are without changing their standard color scheme.

Well it's the same as the home kit...just more plain.

mexico2011.jpg

But better than this....(BFBS)

2308319-6815-atm14.jpg

I'm not really sure BFBS is a thing in soccer...

I think it very much is. The only difference is that it's less permanent - clash kits allow teams to sell merchandise in whatever the hot colors are without changing their standard color scheme.

Yes, because black is obviously a color in the Mexican flag...

Those are both fair points, as the point is that the kit doesn't look 'Mexico' enough. (I am not sure I entirely agree, I remember Hugo Sanchez wearing something similar in '86.)

But the 'plain' argument doesn't sit well with me. Plain can be a great design for a sports uniform. I'd much prefer a plain outfit that suits the history of the team, than some over designed monstrosity. The US shirt is great because you look at it and its obviously a US kit. It doesn't need splashes of color.

I think I'm saying plain because it's Mexico. It needs that extra color here and there.

Here's back in 2010,

Mexico-Special-Edition-White-Jersey.jpg

And with Nike back in '06

_41777952_mexdeject416.jpg

NikeBrazil13-14ConfedCupAway.jpg

No pictures yet, but Who Ate All The Pies reports that the shorts and socks are also blue.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

On Brazil's new kits the cuffs don't look super tight, but they do look significantly tighter than the previous ones so that's a good sign.

Man I love England's uniforms.

Milk it for all it's worth then as I believe this is the last game England plays before the Nike switch.

"Tonight's match against Brazil at Wembley marks the last time England will wear an Umbro shirt - for the foreseeable future at least.

The confirmation that the Nike kit contract will commence after this evening's game came via Umbro's Facebook page, by way of a tribute to fifty years of double diamonded shirts - allowing for an Admiral-designed intermission in the late 70s/early 80s - and a cheeky reference to Nike's "Just Do It" slogan.

The new England kit, complete with Swoosh, will apparently be unveiled in the 22nd March away clash against San Marino in Brazil 2014 qualifying - a fixture most famous for featuring the quickest goal in a World Cup match, conceded by England thanks to an underweighted Stuart Pearce backpass in 1993. Despite the less-than-glittering history of the matchup, the new design is likely to have a winning start."

Archived