Best White Uniforms in Sports

Mitch B

I've always thought the Carolina Panthers' white jersey on white pants look is the best white uniform in the NFL. The panther blue highlights combined with the silver and black look great on the white ... at least they do on my TV.

Panthers.jpg

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baseball has lots of great white uniforms, but I think the Cardinals' and the Dodgers' home uniforms are the best in MLB.

CARDSDodgers.jpg

The Dolphins and Chargers (the flywire collars notwithstanding).

ReggieBush_2011_300.jpg

I don't know this to be fact, but it appeared that the Dolphins increased the size of their jersey numbers several seasons back. Whatever they did to the numbers, it has enhanced their all-white look IMHO.

Tannehill.jpg

ReggieBush_2011_300.jpg

I don't know this to be fact, but it appeared that the Dolphins increased the size of their jersey numbers several seasons back. Whatever they did to the numbers, it has enhanced their all-white look IMHO.

Tannehill.jpg

Don't know about the overall increased size, but they did reduce the size of the drop shadow.

ReggieBush_2011_300.jpg

Tannehill.jpg

Don't know about the overall increased size, but they did reduce the size of the drop shadow.

That might explain why the aqua numbers seem to stand out more these days. If definitely enhances their white-on-white look.

This thread is racist, I just want y'all to know that.

(Sike—I'm just playing.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My best whites would be...

Red Wings

Leafs

Celtics

I'm really into multiple colors (like a border around your number), but for whites I like these single color teams.

I'm a Celtics fan and I've always liked their white uniform.

1. The Panthers white uniform is ruined by the silver helmet (or white pants, depending on your view.) Silver / gold / yellow helmets require matching (or darker) pants, as the light colors clash with the white, IMO. Silver dome with white pants just isn't done much, especially at the pro level. Their black pants would be OK in this case.

2. Most (but there are a couple of exceptions) white uniforms in the NHL are IMO superior to their accompanying darks, especially the monochrome teams.

3. The Eagles white, Viking white (with purple pants), and Dolphins (especially with aqua pants, IMO) are good looks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1. The Panthers white uniform is ruined by the silver helmet (or white pants, depending on your view.) Silver / gold / yellow helmets require matching (or darker) pants, as the light colors clash with the white, IMO. Silver dome with white pants just isn't done much, especially at the pro level. Their black pants would be OK in this case.

I would usually agree, but the white on white looks so nice together that the helmet isn't as bad. And the black pants would be even worse, being so much darker than the silver helmet and white pants. A white helmet and jersey over black pants wouldn't be as bad, but a different colored helmet throws it off. In the all-white, a darker helmet, even just silver, looks fine.

Archived