Fun Sports Logo for the Islanders and Their Move to Brooklyn

Awesome Sports Logos

Pretty amazing that Brooklyn will be the home of two sports franchises a few years from now. I was reading the October article in the New York times which I've linked to about the move. They say they want to keep New York in the name but I wanted to get your thoughts on a possible logo. How about the Brooklyn LegBreakers. I put the Brooklyn Bridge in the background with NY in the stick tape. Would love to get your thoughts on it. Probably not politically correct in today's sports world but it's hockey and I love the double meaning of the violence of the sport and the old time mob violence.

leg-breakers_2.png

I'm pretty sure they've stated that the name and team colours will remain the same after the move. There's a lot of equity in the Islanders brand.

But that doesn't mean we can't speculate. I do like the double meaning of Leg Breakers, although it almost certainly wouldn't fly as a team name. There are too many colours used in your logo, and I'm not a huge fan of the script font, but I do like the logo overall. Is there a way to make it three colours only?

Fair feedback and I appreciate the replies. Nas, I agree that there is equity in that brand and technically Brooklyn is a part of Long Island so it would probably would work. Delayed penalty, it is cartoony and maybe better suited for a club hockey team. That's what I really enjoy about this board is the feedback. I had previously designed this logo and I know that the colors are way too close to the Rangers but this is less cartoonish and has history. The New York Zouaves were one of the first volunteer regimens to fight in the civil war. I love logos that have great history with them. I first learned of the Zouaves name at the Smithsonian. I know the colors and the gun would not fly althought the Blue Jackets do have a cannon as one of their logos but I guess that's different. Like I said, it's got Rangers colors so that would need to be tweaked.

png-correct.png

Archived