2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Leave it to a Jags fan to start it. This is our most exciting time of the year. Anyways, I will be the first to spawn great news in this thread. Jags GM Gene Smith will be fired! 49ers Tom Gamble and Cards Jason Licht are favored to replace him. If Licht comes, I predict Reid or O'Brien will follow as coach.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be the year of the college coach in the NFL. I'm already hearing strong rumors of Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, Brian Kelly & Kirk Ferentz all jumping ship to The Shield. And really, why wouldn't they?

6uXNWAo.png

The success of Jim Harbaugh is the exception, not the rule, with college coaches moving to the NFL.

There's a reason most of these moves have not worked.

What about Pete Carrol?

Not to mention the Buccaneers have actually improved in their first year under Greg Schiano.

6uXNWAo.png

The success of Jim Harbaugh is the exception, not the rule, with college coaches moving to the NFL.

There's a reason most of these moves have not worked.

What about Pete Carrol?

Not to mention the Buccaneers have actually improved in their first year under Greg Schiano.

And that is why it may be hot this year. They actually have been successful lately.

To be fair, Pete Carroll has been an NFL coach before...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nick Saban ain't going nowhere. He'd stand to gain more by staying in Tuscaloosa, where his power and sphere of influence is limitless.

Plus...it's (the University of) Alabama. They live, breathe, sleep, eat &have $#!t football. They're once again perennial title contenders. And they're almost guaranteed to get the top recruits year in and year out. Why would he want to leave that?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nick Saban ain't going nowhere. He'd stand to gain more by staying in Tuscaloosa, where his power and sphere of influence is limitless.

Plus...it's (the University of) Alabama. They live, breathe, sleep, eat &have $#!t football. They're once again perennial title contenders. And they're almost guaranteed to get the top recruits year in and year out. Why would he want to leave that?

I heard that before. Right before Spurrier left for Washington. I think there are two reasons why Saban could be game.

1. Money talks

2. Saban has a super ego. You don't think he wants to be king of the big boys? I do. I think he is drooling for another shot. Especially after hearing him talk about his experience in Miami. Personally I think he will try again very soon. Probably not with the Jags, though.

Nick Saban (like many current SEC coaches) is an insane, manipulative, control freak. There is no chance he ever goes pro again because he wouldn't be able to throw around the kind of weight he has in Alabama. The guy gets off on playing puppet master over young adults, and acting like an asshat while he does it. Saban would never be able to pull that kind of stuff off in the NFL. Therefore, he'll be in the SEC as long as they'll have him.

6uXNWAo.png

One thing he has never shown in his coaching career....loyalty. He bounced around a lot for a successful coach. I think he gets bored. I think he welcomes challenges.

Like I said, no one will convince me that the Bama job is glue for him. Everything being said about him here was said about Spurrier right before he bolted. Hell, he was a UF grad. What can I say? To quote Halfbaked, " I SEEEEEEN IT!"

Archived