Ultimate uniform fail

CrazyAnna

8327423626_150eeec25b_z.jpg

We've all seen numbers and letters fall off. We've all seen helmet decals rip and peel. But have we ever seen the most important identity (the league logo) break like this? This is something that is beyond excusable. For all of the good and bad that Nike has done, to me, this is a disgrace.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize the new shields were plastic. It may be lighter but I'd stick to the old fabric shields. The weight wouldn't be that big a difference. If someone pulling on his collar caused that I'd say there's a few shields that are defective.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They are indeed a rubberized plastic. Like the sleeve logos on MLB dugout jackets. I think they moved to those because they're crisper than a patch can ever be.

Surprised that it ripped. I would have expected the thread and glue to give before the shield itself. Unless it was cut.

Nobody tell Roger Goodell or next fall we'll have plastic pink-out shields to support boobs.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Nobody tell Roger Goodell or next fall we'll have plastic pink-out shields to support boobs.

Lol or just the awareness of said boobs. Although, if they were supported only by a little patch I would have no qualms

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Even if it is broke, how can you guys get on Nike, this is one jersey out of a couple hundred that malfunctioned, not a big ratio lol

The funny thing is the Eagles are one of the teams NOT using a Nike template. They opted to keep the old cheap looking jerseys from before the switch, just like Green Bay and Oakland. So yeah I don't see how this is even related to Nike? Just people being idiots...

Even if it is broke, how can you guys get on Nike, this is one jersey out of a couple hundred that malfunctioned, not a big ratio lol

The funny thing is the Eagles are one of the teams NOT using a Nike template. They opted to keep the old cheap looking jerseys from before the switch, just like Green Bay and Oakland. So yeah I don't see how this is even related to Nike? Just people being idiots...

So the brand new plastic rubber shield wasn't created by Nike? I guess I am an idiot. :Oo:

Anyways, as stated above in #3, this is a prime excuse for Nike to say, "Well that's why we created the Flywire and the Eagles opted out of it."

My 2011 Reebok authentic jersey has the thick cloth NFL shield patch, it's not rubber.

I really wish the NFL had stuck with Reebok ... I hate everything from the multi-sweat coloring on the Nike jerseys, to the belt on pants overlapping the top of the pant stripeing, to the stupid toilet seat collars on so many of their jerseys. I admire Green Bay for sticking with their traditional tri-colored collars and not doing the Flywire gimmick.

Nike totally ruined the team jersey collars, I'm sure the Flywire isn't worth all the trouble. Myself, I thought the Reebok jerseys were just fine and changeover wasn't needed.

I vastly prefer the Nike merchandise, and the rubber shield over that stupid and usually-false "NFL EQUIPMENT" patch. So I'm glad that Reebok didn't retain the contract.

As for the teams sacrificing their aesthetic heritage on the altar of Nike's stock template, well, I put that largely on the teams. They could have opted out in part or in full, and as bad as it was for Nike to disregard that heritage they are not, in the end, the ultimate caretakers.

The last few posts solidifies my comment about the "idiots". While it may be harsh, it's a bit much to see these people flipping out with anti-Nike comments all over ONE tiny torn jersey. A jersey that isn't even made by Nike. I feel like people sit at home watching these games for any type of microscopic problem with the Nike jerseys just to complain. Now what's even worse is the NCAA thread, which instead of only Nike is filled with Nike, Adidas, UnderArmour, and Russell bashing. Honestly people, how can there be so much complaining about EVERY manufacturer? There's a reason these companies are the world leaders, they are obviously doing something right. Design critiquing should be based on DESIGN of the uniforms and logos, not the manufacturer.

Archived