365 Days of Baseball

JayJaxon

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's something I like about that "lost" Mariners set. Maybe just the fact that it's been lost. Any chance the graphics make it to the mothership?

That's not a bad Padres set, either, though my favorite is still the 2004 set and I don't care.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't have time to go back and comment on each day, but I just wanted to stop by and say that this is a really neat series you're doing here and I appreciate the effort to show us all of the interesting uniform history of baseball.

Solid work, keep it up!

I would love for all of these lost graphics to go on the site at some point. Here is where they belong, so hopefully one day it will happen.

Heitert, I appreciate the kind words. It's a lot of work but It's fun too.

Now on to Day 23. First I want to point out a mistake I made with previous Cardinals uniforms. I had the red stripes on the stirrups blue and the blue part red! What's more amazing, nobody caught it! So kudos to me for getting one past you guys since releasing my first St. Louis uniform on Day 8! I caught it when I was uploading this one to Photobucket last night. So I quickly changed this one, and all the ones in my personal Database. I may at some point go back and make the corrections here too, although a big reason I post these here is for you guys to point out mistakes.

I just thought it was an interesting story to show how some mistakes take a while to get caught. Some of you wouldn't believe what gets caught before I even save the file. yesterday I had 3 years worth of Texas Rangers uniforms saved before I realized I double-stamped the Majestic logo on the sleeve. So I had no choice but to go back and do them all over again. Somehow, I saved a Cubs Alternate uniform after putting the National League patch on the wrong sleeve. Luckily for me, it was just the one uniform. The mind plays tricks on you when you have been at your computer building uniforms for the last 3 weeks. But since I'm a bit ahead of schedule, I'll be taking a little break soon so I can come back at it fresh in February. I've completed presentations through February 3rd. My target date is February 15. Once I get to that, I will slow down considerably for a couple of days and stop trying to mass produce these. Thanks for looking and keep the comments rolling! If you have Twitter, share these. I can be found @DiamondUniforms. Visit my blog. Get the word out. Baseball season is fast approaching!

DAY23a.png

A lot of the mistakes have to do with me being the only one seeing them before the graphics get put up here as well. I kind of compare it to college when I would write a paper. I would be the first line of defense for errors but since I wrote the thing, I might not catch it all. Having someone proofread it helps to catch the things I couldn't. This is kind of what you guys do for me here. You are my second pair of eyes. So far, the system works. So in short, no, it's not negative to point out mistakes. If you told me my template was crap or you don't see the point in doing this, now that is negative. So don;t sweat it. I'm glad you pointed it out so I could quickly fix it.

Man, those new Astros uniforms just do not sit right with me. The center piping just seems forced, and the bland font and dark navy just keep it from having any vibrancy. I suspect that set gets overhauled in the next couple of years.

That is, of course, not in any way a criticism of this fantastic thread and all of your amazing work. Great job!

The buttons on the Cardinals jerseys are actually adjusted to accommodate the script on the front. I'll check out Kansas city and see if this is also the case. I just didn't want the script interfering with the button placement.

Here we are with Day 25

DAY25.png

I've also been told that the Giants road alternate uniform (Day 24) is always worn with the orange brim cap. Is there any evidence to the contrary? I have on with the orange brim made, but if it's never been worn with the black one, I'll just delete that one all together.

Archived