365 Days of Baseball

JayJaxon

Here's one of my resolutions for the coming year. I will pick from the uniforms I'm working on, and I'll post 5 of them here every day. This will give you guys an opportunity to see different uniforms and make corrections if they are needed. Plus it motivates me to get on here every day and work on them. Let's see how long it takes me to get behind on a day and have to backtrack! You never know what can happen over the course of a year, but I'll be working to keep ahead of the days so I can just post here without having to worry too much about it.

I'll try to mix some old and new as much as possible. Sometimes you will get 5 plain home uniforms, other days you might get all kinds of cool looking jerseys. I'm not really taking requests but if you do want to see a specific uniform here, feel free to comment and hopefully I will get to it. If you see something wrong with the uniform, just me know and I'll correct it. (visual references are a huge help if you do find errors) Other than that, just sit back and enjoy looking at the history of baseball uniforms all year long!

(FYI the files are HUGE)

DAY1_zps249533bb.png

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the bottom of the display, consider changing the order/layout for the uniform identifications. They don't read well with the images as far as order is concerned.

Its not a major issue, but when it comes around to do the book, it will look foolish otherwise.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I know the tags may be a little hard to follow at first but I do not want to clutter the display area and I also want to make the uniform names easier to read. To make this easier on you guys, I have not put two uniforms from the same team on the display.

I know the tags may be a little hard to follow at first but I do not want to clutter the display area and I also want to make the uniform names easier to read. To make this easier on you guys, I have not put two uniforms from the same team on the display.

Not the point I was making. You have the uniforms displayed Left to Right, in one plane:

A, B, C, D, E

But when it comes to the uniform name plates, you have them on two planes:

A B C

D E

If you are going to have the uniforms displayed in 1 plane and the names displayed in 2 planes, then consider a layout of:

A C E

B D

That way when you read left to right, the names match with the uniforms.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Not the point I was making. You have the uniforms displayed Left to Right, in one plane:

A, B, C, D, E

But when it comes to the uniform name plates, you have them on two planes:

A B C

D E

If you are going to have the uniforms displayed in 1 plane and the names displayed in 2 planes, then consider a layout of:

A C E

B D

That way when you read left to right, the names match with the uniforms.

FWIW, I had the same issue at first glance and think this is a good suggestion.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

DAY 2

I like creating uniforms that were only worn for one season. In a lot of my early posts you will see a lot of 2013 BP, and one year designs. I also wanted to throw in the home uniform for the 1986 World Champion New York Mets.

DAY2_zps64f89173.png

Here's day 3!

A few modern uniforms here then the All-Star Game BP jerseys from 2002. I'd like to thank a fellow CCSLC forum member for getting these to me. I picked the Twins for the American League side because that team is in close proximity to Milwaukee and the White Sox will have a set of ASG jerseys coming up. So I wanted to show Minnesota some love.

I believe this is the last display with the current uniform name format. The next ones from now on will be different.

DAY3_zps9be11da6.png

@Perfect Zero - That set isn't terrible. It has obvious flaws but the combination of Navy, red, and periwinkle can actually work.

@raysfan24 - That uniform is shown with the 'Sedona Red' stirrups and belt on the Mothership, but I've seen several photos with the team going all black with the accents as well. Later on, I'll post the other version because both are correct.

So it looks like the template is now complete?

Any idea when it will be available for others to use it too?

I know there was someone else working on the .ai version of it, so that might be out of your control, but I'd love to throw some concepts on this bad boy!

Archived