High School Falcons Logo

FFWally

Let me preface by saying we have possibly the worst Falcon logo in history at our local High School.

The School has no traditional helmet logo going from the original Atlanta Falcons logo, to a block H to this thing.

We are situated in a town with two schools and the primary High has a controversial logo that while not incredible, gets the job done.

So... here is the Current Helmet on Right and the Concept on Left.

I have done an alternate helmet, but not sure how to get it done without being a wraparound design ala 2012 Seahawks.

Current-Hanford-Helmet-vs-2013-Concept_zps980dfaa6.pngCurrent-Hanford-Helmet-vs-2013-Concept-Large_zpsdbcf0151.png

Thanks... since we are in BSU territory, that would fly. Most of the kids here are all about Washington State, Oregon and Boise, with a few UW and OSU fans.

I hadn't even played with the over sized decal until my wife thought the eye should be the focal point.

The challenge is branding the entire athletic department with one color pallet and one BRAND.

We use:

• Miami of Ohio RedHawk (Baseball)
  • Atlanta Hawks (Basketball)
  • Iowa Hawkeyes (Wrestling)
  • That Sparrow (Football)
  • The 70's Standing Falcon...random
  • and some god awful Neon Sign rendering for Cheer

These are some really good designs but if this is something you plan on pitching to the high school you will need to scale it back. Coming from the reconditiong industry creating that oversized falcon would have to be factory created or a high tech recon shop either way it would be way too expensive for any A.D. to consider buying and reconditioning every year or two. Its a cool concept but scale back a little if you plan on presenting your idea

These are some really good designs but if this is something you plan on pitching to the high school you will need to scale it back. Coming from the reconditiong industry creating that oversized falcon would have to be factory created or a high tech recon shop either way it would be way too expensive for any A.D. to consider buying and reconditioning every year or two. Its a cool concept but scale back a little if you plan on presenting your idea

So what if all the purple was clear vinyl, and the white stroke or is it just too much to create a large format logo?

I am leaning towards this one... Clean, and a 2 color logo with helmet color used as base.

Falcons-Helmet-Template-v7_zps8f1f0710.jpg

I think your last design (version 7) is by far the best. Really sharp, and although I like the way the full falcon looks, I agree that it would probably cost your school too much to reproduce at such a large scale.

That said, I'm sure there are a ton of vinyl print shops (search ebay), that could reproduce two colour (as you stated, might be smart to go with a clear coat and use the helmet base for the purple) at a reasonable price.

Large logos are a pain in the ass to apply to helmets (trust me...lol). I'd try to keep the logo to no more than 4x6 or so.

If you downsized the falcon as in version 7, that'd be a pretty nice helmet. Throwing in a large nuclear warning symbol IMO makes the helmet too busy.

Archived